- If you’re using an Exchange Server, it’s a good idea to back it up frequently in order to prevent data loss.
- There are many applications that can help you with that, but in today’s article, we’re going to show you the best backup software for Exchange Server.
- Want to learn more about Exchange Server? This Exchange Server article would be a good place to start.
- Are you looking for more similar software? You can find all our older reviews and guides in our Data recovery Hub.
Many people use Exchange Server, and to make sure that your server keeps running, it’s important to back up your data. This doesn’t have to be hard, especially if you’re using the right tools for the job.
In today’s article we’re going to show you the best backup software for Exchange Server, so let’s get started, shall we?
What is the best backup software for Exchange Server?
Acronis Cyber Backup
Acronis Cyber Backup offers full disk image backups, and it allows you to store your backups on local/external disks, network storage, and the cloud.
The software also brings clustered Exchange support, so you can easily back up Exchange DAG clusters from passive nodes, or you can choose specific or active nodes for the backup process.
There’s also support for Acronis Cloud storage, allowing you to upload your data to one of the 14+ Acronis Cloud Data Centers.
AES-256 encryption is available, making sure that your backups are safe from third-parties and unauthorized access.
Acronis Cyber Backup offers an abundance of additional features, and if you want a professional backup software with Exchange Server support, be sure to try Acronis Cyber Backup.
Acronis Cyber Backup features:
- Can create data and system images with ease
- Support for Exchange DAG cluster
- Complete Exchange backup
- Centralized web management console
- Advanced reporting system
Acronis Cyber Backup
Acronis Cyber Backup is an advanced backup software that has the ability to perform complete Exchange backups.
Stellar Exchange Backup & Recovery
If you’re looking for backup software for Exchange Server, you should definitely consider Stellar Exchange Backup & Recovery.
The software is automated, and it allows you to back up storage groups and mailbox stores and save your precious data. After the backup is done, you can easily restore single or multiple mailbox stores.
Stellar Exchange Backup & Recovery lets you restore your backup files manually from the backup image which will surely come in handy. If needed, you can also automate and schedule your backups.
Regarding backups, there’s support for full and incremental backups and you can also view detailed log reports and email notifications.
Stellar Exchange Backup & Recovery is powerful backup software, and if you’re using Exchange Server, you should definitely try it out.
Stellar Exchange Backup & Recovery features:
- Ability to back up storage groups and mailbox stores
- Can restore single or multiple mailbox stores
- Ability to automate and schedule backups
- Support for full and incremental backups
- Detailed logs and email notifications
Stellar Exchange Backup & Recovery
Stellar Exchange Backup & Recovery is an advanced backup software optimized for Exchange Server backup.
Another great backup software that deserves a mention is Handy Backup. The software offers support for Microsoft Exchange thanks to the MS Exchange plug-in.
The software can create Exchange backups without interfering with other applications. Support for automatization is also available, allowing users to completely automate the backup process.
Handy Backup can also run missed tasks, or call for other programs before or after the backup. Of course, all your backups will be encrypted and compressed so that they take less space.
Regarding the backups, you can keep them on the local or external hard drive, send them via FTP, store them on NAS or cloud storage.
Handy Backup offers great features when it comes to Exchange backup, and since it’s a pretty versatile tool, you should definitely try it out.
Handy Backup features:
- Support for Exchange 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and older using a special plug-in
- Ability to start other applications before or after a backup
- Hot backup feature that will perform backups without interfering with your system
- Encryption and compression
- Advanced reports and email notifications
Handy Backup is a simple but powerful backup software that offers full Exchange Server support.
CodeTwo Backup for Exchange
If you’re looking to back up data from the Exchange server, you might want to try CodeTwo Backup for Exchange. The software can easily manage your Exchange mailbox, public folders, and SharePoint backups.
CodeTwo Backup for Exchange offers continuous incremental backups after a full backup is completed, so each new backup process will be faster than the previous one.
Support for filtering is available, and you can easily choose which mailboxes or folders you want to back up based on several filters.
Speaking of customization, you can customize your backup settings and easily create one-time or continuous backups with ease.
CodeTwo Backup for Exchange offers solid features, and with its easy to use interface and zero-configuration setup, it’s a great tool for less experienced users.
CodeTwo Backup for Exchange features:
- Simple and friendly user interface
- Continuous incremental backup
- Advanced filtering
- Central management console
- Can back up all types of mailbox folders
BackupAssist is another great backup software that also supports Exchange Server. The application lets you perform full server backups, Active Directory, Hyper-V, Exchange Server, and SQL Server backups.
Regarding backup destinations, you can back up your data to external storage, NAS, cloud storage and RDX. As for recovery, granular recovery is available, so you can recover individual files or emails.
If you want better support for Exchange, there’s Exchange Granular add-on available that will help you restore individual emails or attachments with ease.
The application also offers full server recovery as well as built-in encryption so your sensitive data will remain completely protected.
BackupAssist is a professional server backup software, therefore it’s a perfect choice for professionals that are using the Exchange Server.
- Full server backup
- Works with Active Directory, Hyper-V, Exchange Server, SQL Server
- File-based backups with version history
- Can store backups on external drives, NAS, cloud, and RDX
- Full server recovery
Backing up Exchange Server doesn’t have to a tedious or daunting task, as long as you’re using the proper tools for the job, and we hope that you found suitable software for your needs in this article.
Did we miss your favorite Exchange Backup software? Let us know in the comments below.