Are you trying to set up the Bamboo Ink Pen with your Windows 10 device but something seems to always fail?
If your pen was successfully paired with your computer and you know for sure that your machine has integrated support for the pen, but you still cannot use this functionality, this means that there is a small problem somewhere.
Most likely, something’s interfering with the external hardware and its writing capability.
So, if the Bamboo Ink pen is not writing on your Windows 10 device, you should check the guidelines below for learning possible troubleshooting methods that can fix the issue.
How can I fix Bamboo Ink Pen writing issues on Windows 10?
- Choose the right protocol for your devices.
- Install the right drivers on your Windows 10 computer.
- Update or reinstall Bluetooth drivers on your PC.
1. Choose the right protocol for your devices
In case you didn’t know, the Bamboo Ink Pen can be paired with your Windows 10 device through two different protocols. By default, the external pen is set to use the Wacom AES protocol, which might not be recognized by your machine.
So, a solution will be to switch to the Microsoft Pen Protocol (MPP), the one featured on your Windows powered device. Here is how you can switch between these two protocols on your Bamboo Ink Pen:
- On your Pen you have two little buttons.
- Press and hold these side buttons at the same times, for 2 or 3 seconds.
- In this way you can switch between protocols.
- One blink will mean that the Wacom AES mode is set while the two blinks signals the MPP mode.
- Repeat this process for restoring the process.
- Verify if the Bamboo Ink Pen is working correctly on the new protocol.
2. Install the right drivers on your Windows 10 computer
Some specific drivers might be required on your computer, depending on your own manufacturer. Anyhow, the drivers available for your Pen can be downloaded from the Wacom official website.
So, go there, get the right drivers and install them on your computer. With these drivers installed the Bamboo Ink Pen should work without any other problems.
Get your Pen drivers right now from the Wacom official website.
3. Update or reinstall Bluetooth drivers on your PC
Since the Pen is paired with your Windows 10 computer via Bluetooth, if you are still experiencing issues while trying to use the Bamboo Ink Pen try to update or reinstall the Bluetooth drivers. Here is how you can complete this process:
- Right-click on the Windows Start icon.
- From the list that’s displayed click on the Device Manager entry.
- Locate the Bluetooth field and expand it.
- Right-click on the Bluetooth driver.
- Choose ‘Update driver’ and wait while the flashing process is completed.
- Note: if updating the driver isn’t fixing your problems, choose to uninstall and reinstall these drivers – instead of selecting ‘Update driver’ pick up ‘Uninstall’; then, access your manufacturer website and download the Bluetooth drivers from there.
- Reboot your computer when you are done.
Windows can’t automatically find and download new drivers? Don’t worry, we’ve got the right solution for you.
Update drivers automatically (suggested)
The safer and easier way to update your Bluetooth drivers on a Windows computer is by using an automatic tool. We strongly recommend Tweakbit’s Driver Updater tool.
It automatically identifies each device on your computer and matches it with the latest driver versions from an extensive online database.
Here is how it works:
- Download and install TweakBit Driver Updater
- Once installed, the program will start scanning your PC for outdated drivers automatically. Driver Updater will check your installed driver versions against its cloud database of the latest versions and recommend proper updates. All you need to do is wait for the scan to complete.
- Upon scan completion, you get a report on all problem drivers found on your PC. Review the list and see if you want to update each driver individually or all at once. To update one driver at a time, click the ‘Update driver’ link next to the driver name. Or simply click the ‘Update all’ button at the bottom to automatically install all recommended updates.
Note: Some drivers need to be installed in multiple steps so you will have to hit the ‘Update’ button several times until all of its components are installed.
Disclaimer: some features of this tool are not free.
Well, the methods explained above should help you fix the Bamboo Ink Pen functionality. Hopefully, at this point, you are able to use this external Pen without dealing with further issues.
Tell us which method worked for you in the comments below and get in touch with other users who are dealing with similar issues.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Fall Creators Update triggers many Surface Pen issues, here’s a fix
- The best PC keyboards for 2018
- Best laptop accessories for 2018