- Wacom users report on different forums that they are unable to update the driver due to the error message driver update error 101.
- Updating the Wacom driver through Device Manager is one quick way of solving the error once and for all.
- Reinstalling the driver from the manufacturer's website is another way of solving the error message efficiently.
- Using a dedicated third-party tool is yet another reliable way of ensuring the Wacom driver is updated correctly.
The reason why a program is not working properly can have multiple causes although the most encountered reason is the one related to the drivers.
Unfortunately, this is the case for some Wacom users that are stating on different forums that they are getting the following error message driver update error 101.
It seems like the problem appears indifferent of what drawing software you use with the Wacom tablet.
In case you are using a PC and you have seen this error then it is probably not as bad as you think and there are ways of solving the problem.
Keep on reading as we will show you the exact steps you need to make in order to successfully update the Wacom drivers.
If you still can’t manage to sort out this issue and the driver still won’t install, you can expand your knowledge-base even more by exploring our thorough guide on this topic.
How can I fix the Wacom driver update error 101?
1. Restart the Wacom tablet
- Go to your Search bar and type in Services.
- Click on it and locate TabletServiceWacom from the list.
- Next, right-click on it and select Restart.
- Restart your device at this point and see if the issue is solved.
2. Use Device Manager
- Make sure the tablet is not connected to your PC.
- Open Device Manager and locate Human Interface Devices.
- Here, expand the option and right-click on Wacom Tablet.
- From the list, select Update driver.
- In the next window select the Search automatically for updated driver software option.
- Allow for the process to finish and restart your device.
3. Reinstall the driver
- Go to the Wacom official website.
- In the Search section type in your Wacom model and press enter.
- Next, download and install the corresponding drivers.
- Follow the prompts to finish the installation.
4. Use a third-party tool
Manually installing or updating the faulty or missing drivers is not always indicated since this method is prone to human errors which could cause even more damage to your device.
Not to mention that is also much more time-consuming as compared with using a dedicated tool that will update your drivers and ensure they are working properly all the time.
Various errors are the result of a malfunctioning driver. When this is the case, you may need to update or reinstall completely this specific component. As the process is not straight-forward to complete, we recommend using an automated tool for the job. Here's how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the app.
- Wait for the software to detect all your faulty drivers.
- You will now be presented with a list of all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep your Windows safe from any type of errors caused by corrupted drivers, by installing and using DriverFix today!
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
We hope that the solutions presented in this article helped you successfully solve the Wacom driver update error 101 and the tablet is now working as it should.
Which one of the above solutions worked best for you? Don’t hesitate to drop us a message in the dedicated section below, if you have additional recommendations or suggestions.