Full Fix: Bellsouth email not working in Outlook
Outlook is a great email client, but many users reported that Bellsouth email is not working in Outlook. This can be a problem, but there’s a way to fix this issue.
Many users have Bellsouth email, but some users reported issues while using Bellsouth email and Outlook. Speaking of of issues, here are some common problems that users reported:
- Bellsouth email login problems, authentication error – Sometimes you might not be able to login to the Bellsouth email. If this happens, you might have to change your password and create a secure mail key.
- Bellsouth email not sending emails – If Bellsouth email isn’t sending mail in Outlook, the issue is probably your email configuration. Simply configure the email again and check if the necessary information is correct.
- Bellsouth email won’t work – If Bellsouth email won’t work at all with Outlook, you might want to try using webmail or different email client as a temporary solution.
Bellsouth email not working in Outlook, how to fix it?
- Change your password and create a secure mail key
- Check your antivirus
- Make sure that your account is properly configured
- Just wait it out
- Repair your Outlook profile
- Forward emails from Bellsouth email to Outlook email
- Use webmail
- Switch to a different email client
Solution 1 – Change your password and create a secure mail key
If Bellsouth email is not working in Outlook, you might be able to solve the problem simply by changing your password. This issue can occur with some legacy accounts, and in order to fix this issue, it’s advised to visit Bellsouth’s website and change your password.
After changing the password, check if the problem is still there. If the problem is still appears, you might want to try creating a secure mail key. This is basically a password that you’ll use only for Outlook. Using secure mail key is a great method if you want to ensure that your email stays safe from malicious users.
To create a secure mail key, do the following:
- Go to your Bellsouth profile page and click on Sign-in info.
- Now select the email account that you want to create a secure mail key for.
- Scroll down to the Secure mail key section and choose Manage secure mail key.
- Now select Add secure mail key option.
- If you want, you can enter the name for your security key in order to recognize it better. This isn’t mandatory, but it might come helpful in the future.
- Now select Create secure mail key. Click Copy secure mail key to clipboard.
- Click OK.
Now you just have to go to Outlook and replace your password with the secure mail key. After doing that, check if the problem is still there.
- READ ALSO: FIX: I can’t view sent items in Outlook
In some cases, it’s possible that your Bellsouth email isn’t working in Outlook due to your antivirus. Your antivirus or firewall can sometimes prevent your email client from working properly, and that can cause this error to appear.
However, you can fix this issue simply by adding Outlook to the list of exclusions in your firewall or antivirus. In case the problem is still there, you might want to try disabling certain antivirus features or disable your antivirus altogether.
If disabling the antivirus doesn’t help, your next step would be to completely remove your antivirus. If you’re concerned about your safety, you should be protected by Windows Defender, so there’s no need to worry.
Once you remove your antivirus, check if the problem is still there. If the issue doesn’t reappear, this might be a perfect time to consider switching to a different antivirus solution. There are many great antivirus tools on the market, but if you want an antivirus that won’t interfere with your email client, you should definitely try Bitdefender.
Solution 3 – Make sure that your account is properly configured
If your Bellsouth email is not working with Outlook, the problem might be because your account wasn’t properly configured. To fix this, you just need to locate your account and make the necessary changes.
We’re going to show you how to properly add and configure a Bellsouth account, but if you already have a Bellsouth account, you just need to modify it slightly. To add a Bellsouth account in Outlook, you just need to do the following:
- Open Outlook and go to File > Add Account.
- Select Manual setup or additional server types and click Next.
- Now select POP or IMAP and click Next.
- Now you’ll be asked to enter your display name and email address.
- After doing that, you need to enter server information. If you’re using a POP3 account, enter inbound.att.net and outbound.att.net for Incoming and Outgoing servers respectively.Enter your login information and click More Settings. Now go to the Advanced tab and set Incoming server port number to 995. Set Outgoing server port to 465. Save changes.If you’re using IMAP account, set Incoming and Outgoing servers to imap.mail.att.net and smtp.mail.att.net respectively. As for the port numbers, use 993 for Incoming and 465 or 587 for Outgoing server.
- If you want, you can click the Test Account Settings button and check if your configuration is correct.
After configuring your account, the problem should be resolved and everything should start working again.
Solution 4 – Just wait it out
In some cases, it’s possible that this is a server-side issue. If that’s the case, there’s not much you can do until Bellsouth fixes the problem on their own.
If you’re having issues with Bellsouth and Outlook, you can contact Bellsouth and they’ll let you know if the problem is caused by their servers or by your client.
Solution 5 – Repair your Outlook profile
Sometimes your Bellsouth email is not working in Outlook because your Outlook profile is corrupted. This can occur for various reasons, but you can fix this issue by doing the following:
- In Outlook, go to the File tab and choose Info.
- Select Account and then Account Settings.
- Change Folder to Outlook Data File, then Inbox.
After doing that, save changes and check if the problem is resolved.
Solution 6 – Forward emails from Bellsouth email to Outlook email
If you aren’t receiving Bellsouth emails in Outlook, you might be able to fix this problem simply by setting all your emails to be forwarded from Bellsouth email to Outlook email.
This is just a workaround, but until you find a permanent solution, this workaround might work for you. To forward your emails, be sure to access Bellsouth’s server and set up email forwarding to the desired email account.
Solution 7 – Use webmail
If you’re having problems with Bellsouth email and Outlook, you might be able to temporarily solve the problem by using webmail. Many email services offer webmail, and if you’re having problems with Outlook, we suggest to temporarily switch to webmail
This isn’t the best solution, but it’s a decent workaround until you find a permanent solution.
Solution 8 – Switch to a different email client
Sometimes Bellsouth email will not work in Outlook, and if you can’t fix the problem on your own, perhaps you should switch to a different email client. There are many great email clients on the market, and you can always try using Mail app in Windows 10. However, if you want something that offers a bit more features, Thunderbird might be just what you need.
On the other hand, if you want a proper Outlook replacement, our choice would be eM Client. This application looks and works like Outlook, so if you’re an Outlook user, you should feel familiar with this application.
If Bellsouth email is not working in Outlook, the problem can be your configuration, so be sure to try all of the solutions from our article and let us know if our solutions helped you with this problem.
- FIX: Red X markings replacing images in Outlook
- FIX: Outlook error when sharing calendar in Windows 10
- Fix: Outlook autofill email address is not working
Even though Sticky notes is a greatly useful application, but some users reported that Sticky Notes keeps resizing. The most common trigger for this issue […]
The Windows Backup Server execution failed (0x80080005) error is one that can pop up for some users attempting to back up data or set up […]