Amazon Alexa is Amazon’s proprietary version of the Google Assistant or Siri, and it allows you to control a wide variety of other gadgets via simple voice control.
One category of gadgets that offer Alexa support is AV receivers. Using Alexa is especially great when you are watching a movie or listening to music and just don’t feel like going to the device to turn a dial.
However, many AV receivers now offer Alexa support, so picking one can be tricky. That is precisely why we’ve compiled a list for what we think are the best AV receivers with Amazon Alexa support.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What are the best AV receivers with Amazon Alexa support?
- 7.2-channel AV receiver
- Compatible with Qobuz, Pandora, Napster, Internet Radio, Deezer, TIDAL, and Spotify Internet services
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, airplay 2, Spotify connect, and music cast multi-room
- 4K, HDR10, Dolby vision, hybrid log-gamma and BT.2020 HDMI (5-in/2-out) with HDCP 2.3 and eARC
- Alexa works only with MusicCast
If you like enjoying your music or watching your movies with a 7.2-channel surround sound system, then you couldn’t go wrong with the Yamaha RX-V685.
Not only is the sound crystal-clear and enveloping, but the Amazon Alexa support makes it great for those that hate leaving their chair or couch to make any music selection.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
- 5.2 channels (90Watt X 7)
- 4K UHD Home Theater surround sound
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and AirPlay 2 connections
- HEOS Built-in
You can’t go wrong with this Denon AVR-S960H receiver. It has a 7 channel configuration with 90Watt X 7 W high power channels, it comes with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and AirPlay 2 wireless connectivities and Alexa is just the perfect cherry on top.
And although managing this high tech equipment might seem intimidating, the Denon receiver comes with an extremely friendly on-screen set-up assistant that will help you every step of the way.
- 7.2 channels, 95W each
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization
- Dual subwoofer outputs
- 8 HDMI inputs and 2 outputs with eARC
With discrete high-current amplifiers on all channels, the AVR-X2700H delivers 95W per channel. It comes with low impedance drivers that provide operational stability for a plethora of speaker range.
The AVR-X2700H supports Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, DTS:X, and DTS Virtual:X, plus an HDMI section with HDCP 2.3 support and 4K upscaling for HDMI sources.
It’s pretty clear that you’re not dealing with your grandma’s receiver here and you will need to pair it with no less than excellent quality speakers.
- AirPlay, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi connectivities
- Two channels of 100 W high-power output
- Phono input terminals for turntables
- Optical and coaxial Audio inputs for TV
- The panel display is minimal
The Yamaha R-N303BL lets you enjoy your smartphone, networked audio, streaming services, or just the TV all in Hi-Fi quality, with exceptional sonic integrity on everything you hear.
More so, the built-in Amazon Alexa support makes it so that controlling the AV receiver is easier than ever before, just as long as you know what to tell it.
- 7-channel amplifier
- 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video with full HDCP 2.3 support
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology that creates virtual height effects
- Support for Pandora, Spotify, Tidal & more via Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, & AirPlay 2.
- Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple Siri voice control
- The 3D audio is a bit lacking
If you’re looking for a multimedia powerhouse, then the Denon AVR-X1600H is just the right thing for you.
It comes with a 7-channel amplifier with the latest audio technology that also supports the latest in Dolby Atmos technology so that the soundtrack of your movies or the music that you are listening to seem truly 3D.
When you want to sit back and relax, you really want to put an emphasis on the sitting back part.
That is why having your multimedia system with voice control is great, since you can just give voice commands without ever lifting a finger.
As such, go ahead and buy yourself an AV receiver that features Amazon Alexa support, and see what voice control truly feels like.