Amazon Alexa is Amazon‘s proprietary version of the Google Assistant or Siri, and it allows you to control a wide variety of other gadgets via simple voice control.
One category of gadgets that offer Alexa support is AV receivers. Using Alexa is especially great when you are watching a movie or listening to music and just don’t feel like going to the device to turn a dial.
However, many AV receivers now offer Alexa support, so picking one can be tricky. That is precisely why we’ve compiled a list for what we think are the best AV receivers with Amazon Alexa support.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What are the best AV receivers with Amazon Alexa support?
Not only is the sound crystal-clear and enveloping, but the Amazon Alexa support makes it great for those that hate leaving their chair or couch to make any changes in the settings.
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- 7.2-channel surround sound with Dolby Atmos and DTS: x
- Add Audio in up to 9 additional rooms with MusicCast
- When ECO mode is turned on it can reduce power consumption by about 20 percent
- DSP Programs:17
- Problems with the radio
The built-in HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma), HDR (High Dynamic Range), BT.2020, Wide Color Gamut and 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling will surely impress even the most discerning viewers.
- Delivers exceptional brightness, contrast, and color leveraging industry-leading HLG
- Can connect via Wi-Fi, AirPlay or Bluetooth with
- Can deliver Hi-Fi audio sound around your home with Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, and more
- Amazon Alexa support lets you sit back and enjoy music without having to reach out for the remote
- Issues with the firmware
More so, the built-in Amazon Alexa support makes it so that controlling the AV receiver is easier than ever before, just as long as you know what to tell it.
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- Simple and sophisticated design with two channels of 100 W high-power output
- Phono input terminals
- Optical and coaxial Audio inputs for TV
- Access to your music library, Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM internet radio, Tidal and Deezer
- Wi-Fi, wireless direct, Bluetooth, airplay, and MusicCast multiform Audio
- The occasional connectivity issues
Marantz AV Receiver SR5013
The Marantz AV Receiver SR5013 features a high-current output power amp section so that you get exceptional sound and the latest formats for movies and music with the same power on all seven channels.
More so, it probably has the highest connectivity rating of all entries on our list, as it is compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple Siri or Josh.ai Smart Home, and more.
- Full-rate pass-through, SD/HD video upscaling to Ultra HD, and more
- 100W per channel high-performance power
- Full support for Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple Siri or Josh.ai Smart Home for effortless control
- Some have reported issues with Wi-Fi connectivity
It comes with a 7-channel amplifier with the latest audio technology that also supports the latest in Dolby Atmos technology so that the soundtrack of your movies or the music that you are listening to seem truly 3D.
- 7-channel amplifier with the latest audio technology
- Features 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video with full HDCP 2.3 support
- Supports Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology that creates virtual height effects
- Offers support for Pandora, Spotify, Tidal & more via Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, & AirPlay 2.
- Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple Siri voice control
- The 3D audio is a bit lacking
Closing thoughts on AV receivers with Amazon Alexa
When you want to sit back and relax, you really want to put an emphasis on the ‘sitting back’ part.
That is why having your multimedia system with voice control is great, since you can just give voice commands without ever lifting a finger.
As such, go ahead and buy yourself an AV receiver that features Amazon Alexa support, and see what voice control truly feels like.