- Microsoft introduced SharePoint Online as a document management platform for teams.
- Together with Microsoft 365, you have all the tools for creating, editing, and sharing documents.
- If you like, you can learn more about SharePoint by visiting our dedicated SharePoint page.
- Make sure you check out the Browsers Hub where you will find the latest updates and recommendations.
This allows you and your team to access the files when needed, by simply using a password to log in.
Beyond this, SharePoint is fully compatible with the Microsoft Office Suite, giving you unrestricted access to all the tools you need for efficient document management and sharing.
Because this platform is completely stored in the cloud, in order to get the full SharePoint experience, you will need to use a good web browser software.
The optimal software for this task would need to have the following features in order to qualify in this top 3:
- Fast upload and download speeds
- Fast loading of pages
- Online privacy features
- Good performance when dealing with ads, cookies, trackers, etc.
In this article, we will explore some of the best browser options on the market that contain all the features we mentioned above, and much more.
Read on to find out more.
What are the best browsers to use with SharePoint?
Opera is a great tool that you can use to share and manage your documents online with your employees/team.
This software offers you access to a wide range of customization options both for the workflow and aesthetics. You can choose a browser theme to change the way how Opera looks, or add extensions to change the way it works.
Here are some of the best features found in this browser:
- Built-in VPN service
- Side-bar for chatting on Whatsapp or Facebook Messenger directly from the browser
- Malware protection
- Turbo Mode
When using SharePoint with Opera, the software performed well, with the speed results of loading large documents, and also complex webpages, coming neck to neck with our second choice.
Even though the speeds are only slightly lower than in the case of UR Browser, Opera still remains the best browser software available on the market because of the constant innovation and extra-functionalities added over time.
OperaExcellent, cutting-edge website from Opera. Safely use with Sharepoint.
UR Browser is a very powerful browser application that contains a wide range of privacy features, and also amazing loading speeds.
This software has a very user-friendly interface, that you can customize to fit your wishes. You can add shortcuts to the most used websites using icons, and can also customize the background of your homepage. Beyond this, UR Browser also shows you information tailored to your needs inside the home screen – news, weather updates, search, etc.
One of the most important features that software has is its ability to offer great customizable privacy levels. Depending on your needs, you can choose from three privacy settings – low, medium, and high.
The latter option also activates the powerful built-in VPN service (Virtual Private Network). This allows you to never worry about a third-party being able to collect your private information.
Another great feature that makes UR Browser our top pick for browsers to use with SharePoint, is its ability to successfully prevent ads.
Even though all browsers have some way of dealing with this issue, UR Browser doesn’t require for you to download any extensions, as all these services come included in the installation.
Here are some other useful features of UR Browser:
- Fast loading speeds of web-pages and online documents
- All websites that you visit are automatically scanned for viruses and other threats
- All downloads first go through a virus check
- Low impact on system resources.
UR BrowserDownload UR Browser for a fast SharePoint experience.
This browser contains a wide range of features that makes your browsing experience simple and effective. Here are some of the best :
- Heavy customization with extensions and themes.
- Intuitive user interface.
- Efficient filters for phishing and malware.
- Ability to store your passwords and log-in info inside an encrypted file.
- Good performance.
Even though Firefox has great capabilities, all these features make Firefox only the third-best software option for using with SharePoint.
The big difference between our first pick and Firefox is the speeds at which each of the browsers is able to load large documents and complex web-pages. Opera is about 2 times faster than Firefox, and also has additional customizable privacy settings.
Please feel free to let us know if this article helped you in any way, by using the comments section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in June 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in July 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.