7 Best Email Clients for Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Office 365 has a default email client but some users want more control over how their emails look, feel, and function.
- This gives you more customization options so you can adapt it to fit your needs exactly.
- However, if you still want to enjoy the Microsoft Office 365 suite features, you need an email client that is compatible.
If you’re already using Windows, then you probably have a good idea of what email client works best for the Microsoft Office 365 suite.
Email clients are programs that allow you to read, write and send emails. When it comes to choosing email clients, most people are looking for basic functions while others are looking for email apps to boost productivity and get things done faster.
Because Microsoft Office 365 hosts a bunch of productivity apps, it is recommended that when exploring other options, you should consider email clients that are compatible.
What are the best email clients for Microsoft Office 365?
Mailbird – Cloud-supported email client
Mailbird is a free email client for Windows, Mac, and Linux. It supports Gmail, and Office 365 accounts, as well as other popular webmail services. It has a clean design, with a dark theme and the option to customize colors.
It is often confused with Thunderbird as users wonder whether there is an option for Thunderbird Office 365 but there isn’t. However, by tweaking some configurations, you may get it to work.
You can also use Mailbird’s snooze feature, which lets you set reminders for messages so they show up again later in your inbox at a time that works best for you.
Mailbird also supports cloud storage services like Dropbox and Google Drive, so if someone sends you an attachment in an email, it will automatically download to your computer and save it in one of those cloud services for easy access later on.
- The unified inbox feature allows you to see all of your incoming emails in one place.
- Supports several app integrations.
- Has custom notification sounds with the option to upload your own.
- Its speed reader allows you to go through your emails faster.
- Keyboard shortcuts are perfect for power users who prefer keyboard navigation.
Improve your email experience and use this fully integrated email client for Office 365.
eM Client – Most customizable email client
eM client is a great email client that works with Microsoft Office 365. It offers a desktop-class email experience on your mobile device. When you do a side-by-side comparison of eM Client vs Outlook, eM Client is superior.
The interface is clean and intuitive, but you can customize it to suit your needs. eM Client supports keyboard shortcuts, which makes it easy to navigate quickly through your inbox and enhance productivity.
The app is available for iOS and Windows. One feature that sets eM apart from many other email clients is its super-fast search function which is incomparable to other apps on this list.
- Has custom themes.
- Comes with an in-built email chat.
- Has a super import feature to easily migrate from other email clients.
- Unique sidebar for quick access.
- Automatic backup tool.
Benefit from increased productivity with this suitable email tool for your Windows or Mac devices.
Outlook Mail – Default Office 365 email client
This is the default email client included in all versions of Microsoft Office 365. It works well with both desktop and mobile devices.
It has useful features such as extensions and add-ons that can enhance productivity without needing special training or support from IT staff members. As a full-featured email client, it has support for all the most common email protocols and file attachments.
The best thing about Microsoft Outlook is how easy it is to use and how much integration there is between the various applications within Office 365.
- Integrated with Outlook contacts.
- Share files and folders easily with others.
- Protect your documents by setting permissions so only you can see them.
- Offers storage space for your files.
- Has excellent features for managing your calendar, contacts, and files.
Mailbox – Most secure
Mailbox is one of the most popular options for managing Microsoft Office 365 email accounts and is an open-source email client.
It is an Outlook free alternative app that’s designed to help you manage your inbox. The app features a clean, minimalist user interface with intuitive gestures that make it easy to navigate your inbox.
One of Mailbox’s best features is the ability to snooze emails so they come back to the top of your inbox at a later time.
- You can create your own domain name.
- Integration with all Office features.
- Secure your files through its cloud storage.
- Supports anonymous use to protect your privacy.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
Airmail – Fastest email client
Airmail is one of the fastest email clients for Microsoft Office 365 users. It is efficient, reliable, easy to use, and supports major email providers.
The app offers many customizations and features that help you get the most out of your inboxes such as a dark theme and swipe actions.
Security is another area where Airmail excels in with its multi-factor authentication protocol that requires a face or touch ID to access your inbox. At the moment, it only supports iPhone, iPad, and Mac devices.
- You can read your email messages directly on your Apple watch.
- Manage multiple accounts in the same mailbox.
- You can schedule emails to send later when you are away from your desk.
- Has a smart inbox to show you the most relevant emails first.
- You can snooze emails until you are ready to deal with them.
Newton – Smartest email client
Newton Mail is one of the smartest email clients that work with Microsoft Office 365. It has a clean and user-friendly interface, but it’s also packed with features that make it easy to manage your inbox.
It offers an attractive option for anyone looking to reduce their reliance on Microsoft Office 365 with enhanced security and support for third-party plugins.
Users can also schedule messages to be sent at a later time or date — perfect for reminding yourself about important events or sending follow-up emails without having to remember to do so later on down the line.
- Comes with read later support that users can save interesting websites or articles for later reading.
- Integration with cloud storage services.
- Support for multiple accounts from a variety of providers.
- Newton Mail can suggest smart replies to your emails with its templates and snippets feature.
- Dark mode support.
Spark Mail – Most productive email client
Spark Mail is a simple and easy-to-use email client, with a clean interface and intuitive user experience. It allows you to manage your email from any device, including desktop computers, laptops, smartphones, and tablets.
In addition, you can also personalize your inbox and widgets to reflect your personality and allow you to be more productive.
One of the main reasons why it is preferred is its email delegation feature that allows you to assign tasks and track their progress right from your email.
- Smart inbox that automatically sorts emails into different categories based on their content.
- Spark lets you schedule emails to be sent later.
- You can snooze emails so they return when you need them most.
- Easily compose and send emails quickly with templates.
- Allows you to set up smart notifications so that you are notified whenever an important email hits your inbox.
Does Office 365 have an email client too?
Yes, Office 365 has an email client as well. It’s called Outlook, and it comes with your subscription to Office 365.
Note that Office 365 offers several different plans to suit business needs ranging from small businesses to large enterprises.
If the Office 365 suite is not a contentious issue for you, feel free to check out our recommended best email clients that support multiple accounts to help you manage your inboxes seamlessly.
We also have an excellent list of the best email clients for Windows 7 so be sure to check that out too.
At this point of the article, we hope you have been able to find the perfect email client that works with Microsoft Office 365.
Let us know which email client you are currently using and your reasons for selecting it in the comments section below.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.