Adding a subwoofer to an audio system can be a great move if you’re planning on improving the quality of your audio. This applies both watching movies and listening to music.
However, as some of you may know, some subwoofers are made for smaller rooms while others are better for larger ones. Those of you that want a subwoofer for a much larger room, but don’t have much money to spare may have trouble finding the right models.
That is why we’ve compiled a list of what we think are the best budget subwoofers for large rooms that you could buy.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
Polk Audio PSW10
They sound fantastic with games, music, and movies, and they are powerful enough to handle mid-sized and even large rooms.
- The uniquely configured directed port provides accurate bass with added depth
- Enjoy a thrilling yet balanced music experience with rich, deep sound
- 100 Watts of Dynamic Power with its inbuilt 50 watt RMS amp
- Sophisticated engineering with best in class resonance-free driver materials
- Features continuously variable 80 160 Hz crossover and 40 160 Hz ( 3dB) frequency response
- A sleek detachable grille on the front, speaker and line-level inputs
- Distorts sound quality at higher levels
It features a 9.84 in cone diaphragm that can move a larger volume of air, producing powerful low-end resonance that makes bass sound rich and authentic.
The subwoofer reinforces low-frequency sounds in movies and music for a great multi-channel home theater experience, and it is powerful enough to handle even large rooms.
- 115 Watt, Amplified Subwoofer (6 ohms, 80 Hz, 10% THD)
- Compatible with High-Resolution Audio
- 10 inches Foamed-Mica Cellular Reinforced Woofer
- Speaker and Line Level Inputs, Frequency Response 28-200 Hz
- In the box: RCA cord, Instruction manual
- Great for movies, not so great for music
Klipsch Reference R-10SW
The high-performance subwoofer provides deep bass and placement flexibility thanks to its front-firing driver and all digital amplifier, and the power makes it great for larger rooms.
- Powerful 10″ copper-spun front-firing woofer
- All-digital amplifier delivers 300 watts of dynamic power
- Equally impressive with music and movies
- Low pass crossover and phase control
- Line/LFE inputs for compatibility with most receivers
- Overall quality control issues
Acoustic Audio PSW-10
It also features an elegant black ash wood finish that is subtle and complements most home audio systems, seamlessly, so it also looks the part, not just performs the part.
- 400 watts peak power
- Frequency response is 25Hz-250Hz
- Efficiency is 97dB
- 8ohm impedance
- Built-in digital drive high-efficiency amplifier
- 10” down-firing long-throw subwoofer
- High rigidity PVA treated cone
- Low level and speaker level inputs and outputs,
- Use for in-wall or in-ceiling home entertainment, surround sound systems and multiple room systems, etc
- The quality matches the price
The Yamaha NS-SW050BL incorporates a number of advanced, high-performance bass technologies, such as Twisted Flare Port, Advanced YST II, and more.
Additionally, it brings a discrete amp circuitry and a high-quality 8″ woofer unit, resulting in a bass response that is powerfully rich and impactful.
- New Twisted Flare Port contributes to clear and tight bass
- Advanced YST II (Yamaha Active Servo Technology II)
- 8” cone woofer
- A stylish addition to any room
- Dynamic Power of 100 W (5 ohms)
- Only one line input RCA jack
Closing thoughts on budget subwoofers for large rooms
Larger rooms have different acoustics and need more powerful subwoofers to sound good. Additionally, these subwoofers need to maintain a good level of sound quality, even at higher volumes.
As such, searching for subwoofers for larger rooms can be a bit trickier, but that doesn’t mean that it is impossible, or that it will blow your budget away.