No matter if you own a small, medium-sized, or large business, the efficiency of the way it works is highly dependent on the way the information can travel within the company.
If your network is not set up properly, the business can not grow efficiently, if it works at all.
For this reason, it is very important that your company uses a series of good switches that allow a fast transfer of information.
Because we know it can be overwhelming to choose a good option, we’ve compiled an easy to understand list for your situation.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
Best deals on network switches for small businesses
The NETGEAR GS105 is a very affordable 5 port Gigabit Ethernet unmanaged switch that can help you set up the network for your small business without encountering any issues.
This product is ensured with lifetime limited warranty and a next-business-day replacement so you never have to worry about using a faulty device.
- Simple to install without any configuration needed
- Can be mounted either on a wall or simply sat on a desk
- Fanless design that ensures no added noise
- Low power usage
- The warranty claim can take up to an hour of waiting on the phone
The NETGEAR GS108 is a good network switch that offers 8 Gigabit Ethernet ports, and in order to start using it, you don’t need to initiate any setup process.
It offers very good network connections without producing any noise because it’s designed to contain no fans.
- A good number of Ethernet ports for any small business
- Compact design that doesn’t attract attention
- Offers 1G, Multi-Gig, 10G speeds
- L2 management layer
- No advanced VLAN and QoS features
Linksys Business LGS108P
The Linksys Business LGS108P has 8 Gigabit Ethernet ports that offer your business the speed required to function optimally.
- Wired connections can obtain speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- No fans are used to make the switch silent while working
- Quality of Service (QoS) traffic prioritization
- 4 PoE+ ports
- Some users reported the loss of connectivity without any network issues
The Ubiquiti UniFi switch offers you access to 8 Gigabit Ethernet ports and another four 802.3af PoE ports that allows you to keep your small business running at very good speeds.
- Auto-sensing PoE ports offer up to 15.4W of power each
- 8 Gbps speeds for each Ethernet port
- 16 Gb switching capacity for smooth operations
- Some users have reported that they faced issues with PoE dropping
CISCO Systems SG11224
The Cisco Systems SG11224 switch offers a very fast set of 24 Gigabit Ethernet ports that can be useful for both small, medium-sized, and large businesses.
- No need to set up anything before using
- Slim design for small office spaces
- Great speeds that allow you to run the entire set of business applications, no matter the required bandwidth
- Some users have started to have problems with connectivity after a period of usage
Conclusion on network switches for small businesses
It is very important that your business network setup is efficient in order to be able to run smoothly, and using good switches makes a big difference.
We provided you with a list that includes all price-ranges, in order for you to be able to choose the best option for your circumstances. Let us know in the comments section below if you found this guide helpful.