No matter if you own a small, medium-sized, or large business, the efficiency of the way it works is highly dependent on the way the information can travel within the company.
If your network is not set up properly, the business can not grow efficiently, if it works at all.
For this reason, it is very important that your company uses a series of good switches that allow a fast transfer of information.
Because we know it can be overwhelming to choose a good option, we’ve compiled an easy-to-understand list for your situation.
Which are the best network switches for small businesses?
- 24 x 10/100/1000BASE-T downlinks and 4 x 1Gb SFP uplinks
- Broadcom BCM56152 switch chip for high performance
- Support 4 Units Physical Stacking
- Excellent hardware design for complex environment applications
- Fanless and noiseless design for silent operation
- Relatively large size
FS S3910-24TF is a 24-port gigabit managed switch that supports 4 units of physical stacking to reduce redundancy, allows for simple management, and enhances the resilience of your network’s capacity.
It comes with a Broadcom BCM56152 switch chip, allowing the S3910-24TF to provide up to 56 Gbps switching capacity and a 42 Mpps forwarding rate to deliver higher network performance.
Lastly, it supports IPv4/IPv6 and rich layer 3 routing features(static routing, OSPF, RIP, RIPng and etc.), the gigabit switch enables flexible deployment for diverse networking demands.
- Greatly expands your network capacity with much less power consumption
- Easy setup with no software installation or configuration needed
- Latest innovative energy-efficient technology
- 24× 10/100/1000Mbps RJ45 Ports
- May be rather loud
If you have a house or a home office and like the reliability of a wired connection, then you know what it’s like to need a network switch with a lot of ports.
Well, the TP-Link 24 Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch has 24 of them for you, and they will all function at maximum speed, even when they have all plugged it.
Of course, you’d expect a lot of power to be wasted, but the switch’s build makes it so that it greatly reduces unwanted wastes in that department.
- Can be mounted either on a wall or simply sat on a desk
- Simple to install without any configuration needed
- Fanless design that ensures no added noise
- Low power usage
- The warranty claim can take up to an hour of waiting on the phone
The NETGEAR GS105 is a very affordable 5 port Gigabit Ethernet unmanaged switch that can help you set up the network for your small business without encountering any issues.
This product is ensured with a lifetime limited warranty and a next-business-day replacement so you never have to worry about using a faulty device.
- A good number of Ethernet ports for any small business
- Compact design that doesn’t attract attention
- Offers 1G, Multi-Gig, 10G speeds
- L2 management layer
- No advanced VLAN and QoS features
The NETGEAR GS108 is a good network switch that offers 8 Gigabit Ethernet ports, and in order to start using it, you don’t need to initiate any setup process.
It offers very good network connections without producing any noise because it’s designed to contain no fans.
- No fans are used to make the switch silent while working
- Wired connections can obtain speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Quality of Service (QoS) traffic prioritization
- 4 PoE+ ports
- Some users reported the loss of connectivity without any network issues
The Linksys Business LGS108P has 8 Gigabit Ethernet ports that offer your business the speed required to function optimally.
Besides, the speeds that you can reach can be of up to 1000 MBps, which greatly enhance your ability to stream high-bandwidth files to connected devices without lag and interference.
The best part is that all of this can be easily yours since there is no installation involved in using it. Just plug it and use it.
- Auto-sensing PoE ports offer up to 15.4W of power each
- 16 Gb switching capacity for smooth operations
- 8 Gbps speeds for each Ethernet port
- Some users have reported that they faced issues with PoE dropping
The Ubiquiti UniFi switch offers you access to 8 Gigabit Ethernet ports and another four 802.3af PoE ports that allows you to keep your small business running at very good speeds.
The switch is a compact, fully managed 802.3af PoE Gigabit model, delivering robust performance and intelligent switching for enterprise networks.
It supports up to 8 Gbps total, non-blocking line rate, and up to 15W output per PoE port.
It is very important that your business network setup is efficient in order to be able to run smoothly, and using good switches makes a big difference.
We provided you with a list that includes all price-ranges, in order for you to be able to choose the best option for your circumstances. Let us know in the comments section below if you found this guide helpful.
Frequently Asked Questions
Depending on whether you control the switch’s settings or not, they can be managed and unmanaged.
Here’s a list of the best managed and unmanaged network switches.
It all depends on what you are using the switch for, but for an average house, a good 8-port switch would suffice.
If you own a small business, then you should check out our list of the best network switches for small businesses.