We’re used to talk a lot about identity theft as a result of our digital interactions, but you should think big. Victims of identity theft aren’t only of digital nature, but dumpster diving is still in full force.
This isn’t a picture that you want to keep in mind for too long, right? So, make sure to take advantage of some of the best paper shredders of the moment.
Paper shredders with auto feed are meant for professional workplaces, but also for home offices. You just need to fill the tray with documents and the shredder does the shredding for you. Rest assured that some automatic shredders also have a manual feeding option when necessary.
That’s why for this post, we’re inviting you to take a look at these models to see which ones meet the needs of your organization.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
Top deals on paper shredders with auto feed
The Automax 100M shreds up to no more than 100 sheets automatically or 10 sheets manually, yet it compensates with Micro-cut P-4 security level and a 6 gallon pull out bin that eliminates the need for frequent emptying.
- Very easy to operate
- Auto Reverse stops and reverses paper if a jam occurs
- Relatively quiet
- Demands little power
- Sleep Mode steps in after 2 minutes of inactivity to save extra energy
- Overheats quickly
- Not built for speed
GBC Auto Feed
This is a bit more expensive than the previous option, but it is far more capable as well. If you like the idea to stack, shut and shred, then keep in mind that this GBC model shreds up to 130 sheets with auto feed, or 6 at a time manually.
In fact, all these make it a reliable choice for a small or home office and even a personal shredder:
- Small shred size for good security
- Runs consecutively for 10 minutes
- Includes a 7-gallon pull-out waste bin with bin full indicator
- Limited overall 2-year warranty, along with 7-year warranty on the cutters
- Easily jams up
Fellowes 4656201 AutoMax 200M
Can automatically shred a paper stack of up to 200 pages, including documents with staples. You’ll love to hear that it shreds documents into illegible micro-cut particles that are 10x smaller than cross-cut particles.
On the upper-front edge of the shredder you can find three buttons: a back arrow for reverse, a forward arrow dedicated to forward, and the On button for automatic shredding. The four icons on the top-left edge are for overheating, a paper jam, a full bin, or an open bin.
- Spacious 8.5-gallon pull-out bin
- Modern design
- Can’t shred CDs
- Engine noise continues even after complete shredding
Instead of being in the awful situation of inserting documents into a feed slot by hand, you can open the shredder’s lid, place the stack of up to 300 documents, close the lid, and let the shredder do its magic.
Performance doesn’t come cheap, yet intelligent features like Self-Cleaning Cutters, Power Save, and Auto+ Jam Clearance make paper shredding a conveniently effortless practice.
- Hands-free operation
- 300-sheet auto-feed tray plus manual slot – 8 sheets at a time manually
- P-4 Level Security
- Large, 11-gallon pull-out waste bin
- Difficult to fit full capacity of sheets in the feeder
- Slower than other auto-feed shredders
This Swingline GBC Auto Feed Paper Shredder offers hands-free shredding, is super quiet and gives you a P-5 Level Security. The user-friendly Intelligent Auto+ Jam Clearance automatically reverses and re-feeds stuck papers and that’s not all that you could be getting.
Just be prepared from the very start; you’ll pay a premium price for all these conveniences.
- Automatically shreds up to 300 letter size sheets
- Auto shreds paper clips and staples
- Separate slot for CDs/DVDs
- Lockable paper chamber with 4-digit programmable PIN code lock
- Effective jam protection
- Limited 2-year warranty, plus 15-year warranty on the cutters
- Credit cards requite manual insertion
Conclusion on the best paper shredders with auto feed
Despite our greatest efforts, we still leave a paper trail that can turn us into huge targets over night. Old-school thieves rummaging through recycling bins have no chance against these paper shredders with auto feed.
Just don’t postpone your choice for too long!