Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Government organizations, small or large businesses, as well as private individuals use paper shredders to destroy sensitive documents. Besides being recycled to eventually turn into paper again, paper can also be added to compost.
Paper shredders for composting actually offer a great solution for easily recycling large amounts of paper, as well as boosting the health of the soil that it’s added to. If you like the sound of this idea, the simple recommendation is that you should probably start using such a shredder.
For today, we have put together a collection of the top 5 paper shredder deals.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What is the best paper shredder that I can buy?
- If the shredder runs continuously beyond the max run time, it will automatically shut off
- Shreds up to 8 sheets of 20-pound bond paper at a time
- Turns paper into small confetti-like pieces
- Meets security level P-3 standards
- User-friendly design
- May jam if you stuff it too much
When shredding paper that you plan to compost, you’re most likely looking for a shredder that can turn paper into pieces that are as small as possible.
Well, that exactly what defines the AmazonBasics Paper and Credit Card Shredder, besides the incredibly affordable price.
This little machine will turn up to 8 sheets of paper at a time into confetti, and it can run for 30 minutes straight, so any document you need to be disposed of will be no faster.
- Nonstop stop 5-minute continuous run time
- Destroys credit cards and small paper clips
- Anti-jam auto-reverse to clear paper jams
- Crosscut with 12 sheet capacities
- Security level P-3
- Not great for long shredding sessions
Office supplies don’t just mean paper that needs to be disposed of, they can also mean credit card and other small plastic objects.
Well, if you need to destroy a lot of those, then the Aurora AU1230XA will get the job done for you in no time, turning your plastic waste into small shreds.
Besides, if you happen to jam it with too much, it will automatically stop running and go in reverse, basically expulsing whatever jammed it in the first place.
- 6x smaller shreds than cross-cut
- Its 3.8-gallon bin comes with an easy lift-off head
- Safely shreds staples and plastic credit cards too
- 1-year product warranty, plus 3-year cutter warranty included
- Shreds for up to 5 minutes, then it requires a 30 minute cool down period
You know that you cannot get the capacity of a commercial shredder at an affordable price. For composting home use, the Fellowes shredder offers a combination of helpful features and overall value.
Let’s hope that the 5 minute continuous shredding time is not a disappointment.
- Keeps working up to 30 minutes without stopping
- Overheating and overloading thermal protection
- Decently sized 4.5-gallon pull-out wastebasket
- Patented cooling system
- Suddenly stops working with no flashing lights/trouble indicators
The Bonsaii 14-Sheet heavy duty paper shredder has a high Amazon rating among buyers. It easily destroys about 3500 sheets of paper and its unique design prevents jams, so you can work without interruption and get ready for composting.
When necessary, the shredder briefly stops and puts itself in reverse to clear the jam, so you really don’t have to worry about a thing.
- Overheating and overloading protection technology also included
- Continuous running time up to 20 minutes without stopping
- Large 6.6-gallon pull-out wastebasket capacity
- 60 dB low noise level for a quiet experience
- 4 useful casters
- Insufficient troubleshooting info
The Bonsaii 20-Sheet paper shredder has a ton of great features for your shredding and composting needs. It uses Advanced Cooling System and patented Cutting Technology, as well as 100% jam-proof technology.
If you have ever tried to undo a jam in a paper shredder, then you’re no stranger to the valuable time wasted with such a procedure. That’s what makes this model even more appealing.
In closing, let us remind you that there are certain types of paper and other materials that aren’t safe for compost in the first place. Some paper contains harmful dyes; as for plastic, it could come from shredded flyers or credit cards.
While these materials can be recycled, they are often dyed with harmful chemicals to grow plants. Stay informed on the topic and choose one of the above paper shredders for composting as fast as possible.
On that note, here are the best paper shredders that you can use for composting.
- Can I use a paper shredder at home?
Yes, home paper shredders are quite common, and we’ve covered the best models available in this detailed guide.
- Are paper shredders useful?
Yes, they are. Offices can use paper shredders to dispose of paper documents that may contain sensitive information that can be used illegally if fallen into the wrong hands.