- Most of the time, Bitdefender won't install due to conflict with previous versions of the software on your PC.
- To easily solve this issue, use a third-party program to clean your system of leftover files.
- Know that having other antivirus apps on your device can also stop Bitdefender from installing.
- You should also turn off the Windows Defender real-time protection to fix the Bitdefender installation failed error.
What should I do if Windows 10 won’t allow me to install Bitdefender? For starters, confirm that any other antivirus or old Bitdefender version isn’t installed on your Windows 10 PC.
The system might not allow for more than one third-party antivirus at a time. Alternatively, disable Windows Defender or unblock the Bitdefender installer.
Secure your devices with award-winning cybersecurity technology.
Best security tool for intense browsing activity.
Keep secure with groundbreaking AI detection and prevention technology.
Browse the web securely for up to 3 devices across Windows, Mac, iOS or Android systems.
Prevent data breaches and malware infections with user-friendly controls.
What can I do if Bitdefender won’t install on Windows 10?
1. Turn off the Windows Defender real-time protection
- Click on Start and select Settings.
- Go to Update and Security > Windows Security.
- Click on Virus and Threat Protection.
- Scroll down, click on Manage Settings under Virus and Threat protection.
- Turn off Real-time protection.
- Try installing Windows Defender again and check for any improvements.
Microsoft Windows comes with a built-in security program with real-time protection. To install a third-party antivirus solution, you need to turn off the Real-Time Protection first.
2. Unblock Bitdefender installer
- Make sure you have the latest version of Bitdefender installer downloaded.
- Right-click on the Bitdefender installation file and select Properties.
- In the bottom right corner, click on the Unblock button under the Advanced button.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
- Now run the Bitdefender installer again and check for any improvements.
Microsoft Windows may block or prevent the installation of security programs to protect the computer. However, you can easily unblock the Bitdefender installer by following the aforementioned steps.
3. Switch to another antivirus
If you are unable to install Bitdefender, it might be because your operating system is not compliant with the Bitdefender endpoint security tools.
In that case, you should look for another antivirus software to protect your PC, and who knows, maybe it will be even better than Bitdefender and you’ll be glad you made the switch.
There are lots of other competing security apps that come with multilayered protection and advanced AI to scan, stop, and remove any harmful software that is trying to enter your device.
You should look for an antivirus that includes all the necessary tools for both the protection of your data and your privacy. Thankfully, we’ve got just the right choice for you.
ESET Internet Security
An all-in-one defense system that has all the necessary tools to keep your PC safe.
4. Repair Bitdefender Client
- Exit Bitdefender if running.
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type control and press OK to open Control Panel.
- Now, go to Programs > Programs and Features.
- Select Bitdefender and click on the Uninstall button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to repair Bitdefender.
- Relaunch Bitdefender and try to install the pending update.
Bitdefender comes with a built-in repair tool to help you fix common issues with the software.
If you are facing issues with the Bitdefender upgrade tool, the bit defender repair tool will scan for the known issues and file corruption and fix them if required. Here is how to do it.
5. Remove older Bitdefender installation files
Bit defender Uninstaller allows you to uninstall Bitdefender Internet security without leaving any traces.
- Start by downloading Bitdefender Uninstaller from the official website, here.
- Run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall Bitdefender.
You may encounter an error while installing Bitdefender if you have third-party security software installed.
Even if you have uninstalled the software, it is possible that the left-over software entries are creating an issue.
The error can also occur if you have an older version of Bitdefender installed on your system.
Uninstall Other Security Software
- Go to Start.
- Type Settings and click on it.
- Select Apps, then Installed Apps.
- Right-click on the app you wish to remove and click Uninstall.
If you have third-party antivirus software installed, you may face difficulty installing Bitdefender.
Bitdefender not installing can be caused by leftover files on your computer. Using a specialized tool is the easiest way to get rid of unwanted software.
We hope these solutions fixed your Bitdefender installing problem. Lots of things cause your issue, so make sure you follow the steps provided.
Feel free to leave any kind of feedback regarding the subject and your experience with these antivirus tools in the comment section below.