Bitdefender Not Installing: 3 Easy Solutions You Can Use
Follow these quick steps to safely install Bitdefender on your system
- Most of the time, Bitdefender won't install due to conflict with previous versions of the software on your PC.
- To easily solve this issue, use a third-party program to clean your system of leftover files.
- Know that having other antivirus apps on your device can also stop Bitdefender from installing.
- You should also turn off the Windows Defender real-time protection to fix the Bitdefender installation failed error.
Bitdefender is one of the popular antivirus solutions for Windows 10 and 11 users. However, some users have reported that Bitdefender is not installing on their computers.
This article will explore this problem, point out possible triggers, and recommend valid solutions. Let us get to it.
Secure your devices with award-winning cybersecurity technology.
Keep secure with groundbreaking AI detection and prevention technology.
Browse the web securely for up to 3 devices across Windows, Mac, iOS or Android systems.
Best security tool for intense browsing activity.
Prevent data breaches and malware infections with user-friendly controls.
Why is Bitdefender not installing?
From the experience of other users, we have gathered that there may be a few causes of this problem. On top of the list are the following elements:
- Third-party antivirus – Sometimes, you may be using other antivirus software. If they are not compatible with Bitdefender, you may expect this problem. Alternatively, disable Windows Defender or unblock the Bitdefender installer.
- Corrupt files – You may be trying to install a bad software executable file.
- Conflicting installations – For some users, if an older version of the antivirus is already installed, it will trigger this problem.
- Insufficient storage – There is a minimum storage requirement for the installation; if your PC does not meet it, it will not install.
Regardless of your unique situation, the solutions we recommend should come in handy.
How can I fix Bitdefender if it’s not installing?
Before you start with any of these solutions, you should take note of the following:
- Wait out any ongoing installation.
- Ensure that there is no older version of the software already installed.
- Ensure that there is enough disk space to accommodate the installation.
Also, you may consider switching to another antivirus. If you cannot install Bitdefender, it might be because your operating system is not compliant with the Bitdefender Endpoint Security tools.
Many competing security apps come with multilayered protection as well as advanced AI to scan, stop, and remove any harmful software that is trying to enter your device.
Hence, it would be best if you are looking for an antivirus that includes all the necessary tools to protect your data and privacy. Thankfully, we’ve got just the right choice for you.
⇒ Get ESET Internet Security Now
1. Turn off the Windows Defender real-time protection
- Type Windows Security in the Search bar, and click on the relevant search result.
- Click on Virus and Threat Protection.
- Scroll down, and click on Manage Settings under Virus and Threat protection.
- Finally, turn off Real-time protection.
- Try installing Windows Defender again and check for any improvements.
Microsoft Windows comes with a built-in security program with real-time protection. However, to install a third-party antivirus solution, you must first turn off the Real-Time Protection.
2. Unblock Bitdefender installer
- Make sure you have the latest version of Bitdefender installer downloaded.
- Right-click on the Bitdefender installation file and select Properties.
- Click on the Unblock button under the Advanced button in the bottom right corner.
- Lastly, click Apply and OK to save the changes.
- Now run the Bitdefender installer again and check for any improvements.
Microsoft Windows may block or prevent the installation of security programs to protect the computer. However, following the aforementioned steps, you can easily unblock the Bitdefender installer.
3. Repair Bitdefender Client
- Exit Bitdefender if running.
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run, type control panel, and press hit Enter.
- Now, go to Programs, then Programs and Features.
- Select Bitdefender from the programs list and click on the Uninstall button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and select Repair.
- Finally, relaunch Bitdefender and try to install the pending update.
Bitdefender not installing can be caused by leftover files on your computer. Using a specialized tool is the easiest way to eliminate unwanted software.
We hope these solutions fixed your Bitdefender installing problem. Lots of things cause your issue, so make sure you follow the steps provided.
Lastly, feel free to leave feedback regarding the subject and your experience with these antivirus tools in the comment section below.