External battery charger can be a useful device, especially if you’re traveling and you don’t have a power outlet nearby.
Many external batteries are on discount periodically, and today we’re going to show you the best batteries that you can get for this shopping season.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Sometimes, some of the deals listed in our guides may no longer be available by the time you hit the buy button. So, hurry up and grab them while they’re hot. Check out more Black Friday tech deals and software deals.
Which are the best external battery chargers for sale now?
- Can charge an iPhone 8 almost seven times, the Galaxy S8 five times, or the iPad mini 4 twice.
- PowerIQ and VoltageBoost combine to deliver the fastest possible charge
- Anker's MultiProtect safety system ensures complete protection
- Weighs as little as 12.5 oz
- Life expectancy isn't that long
External batteries need to meet certain criteria, such as small size, high power capacity, and maybe even a sleek and modern design to go along with your phone.
Well, the Anker PowerCore 20100mAh meets them all with flying colors, allowing you to charge up a lot of devices before itself needs charging.
Additionally, the product is also very safe, so you don’t have to worry about sudden surges that may damage your device’s internal battery.
- Provides almost three-and-a-half iPhone 8 charges or two-and-a-half Galaxy S8 charges
- Built-in safety system ensures complete protection for you and your devices
- One of the smallest and lightest 10,000mAh portable chargers
- PowerIQ and VoltageBoost deliver the fastest possible charge
- Incredibly small and compact
- Not very durable
This entry can be easily considered the lightweight version of the previous one sporting both half the size and weight, as well as half the power capacity.
However, don’t let looks deceive you, since the product can still easily charge up your iPhone, iPad, or any other compatible device.
Also like its bigger counterpart, it comes with built-in protective features for your devices, so power surges will no longer be an issue.
- Battery type: Lithium-Ion
- Size: 6.3×3.0x0.87inches
- Weight: 12.52oz
- Capacity: 20000mAh
- Ports: 2x 5V 2A ports
- Charging time: 11-12 hours
- Below-average lifespan
TG90 Portable Charger offers great capacity and with two available USB ports, you can charge any device with ease. The external battery charger is light and compact, and it can fit in your bag or pocket with ease.
The device also has a built-in LED light, so it can also work as a flashlight, so it’s perfect for camping and other outdoor activities.
- Capacity: 42000mAh
- Input: DC 15V/2A
- AC Output: 110V 60Hz 200W(max)
- DC Output: DC 12V/10A(max)
- Charging time: 6~7 hours
- Not as much storage as the other entries
Powkey Portable Power Bank external battery charger has 4 USB ports available, but it also has an AC plug, so you can power other various devices.
The battery has an impressive capacity so it will be perfect for all your needs, and it won’t start acting inappropriately even when all charging ports are in use.
Additionally, it delivers powers at an incredible rate, the only limit the actual capacity of the device it is charging.
- Capacity: 20000mAh
- Ports: USB–A, USB-C
- Wireless Charging: Yes
- Size: 6.7 x 2.4 x 0.9 inches
- Weight: 13.3oz
- Customer service needs improvements
AIDEAZ Power Bank Ultra Compact is a light external battery charger, and it supports both USB-C and USB-A devices. This battery pack offers great capacity, and it also supports wireless charging, which is a major plus.
The device supports high-speed input charging, so you can quickly recharge your battery pack. Overall, if you’re looking for an external battery that supports wireless charging, this device might be perfect for you.
- Battery: Lithium polymer
- Capacity: 4000mAh
- Output power: 12W
- Weight: 3.95oz
- Size: 2.5 x 5.13 x 0.37in
- Ports: USB port, USB-C connector
- May have a short lifespan
Mophie power station Plus Mini USB-C comes with a built-in USB-C cable, so you can easily charge any USB-C device. In addition, there’s a standard USB port available so you can recharge any other devices as well.
Mophie power station Plus Mini USB-C offers a humble capacity, but it’s compatible with USB-C devices, so if you have a USB-C phone, this device might be perfect for you.
These are some of the best external battery chargers that you can get, so be sure to purchase them while they are still available.
FAQ: Learn more about choosing a portable charger
- Which power bank is best at a low price?
For this time of the year, we’ve made some research and listed a few excellent power banks for sale for Black Friday.
- Which power bank brand is best?
With so many brands on the market, is hard to pick one. But we dare say Anker is a popular brand when it comes to battery life and design.
- How many hours should I charge my new power bank?
Charging time depends on the size and capacity. Smaller power banks only need a few hours, while larger ones – a full day.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in November 2018 and was revamped and updated in November 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.