- Device Manager
- Restart the Bluetooth device
- Microsoft Management Console Tweak
- Windows Troubleshooter
- Reinstall Bluetooth drivers
- Check for updates
- Disconnect all peripherals
If you’re using a device that uses Bluetooth to connect to the PC, you might face some problems with connection or compatibility. And one of the most common problems with the Bluetooth devices is they disappearance from the devices list on your computer. There are a couple of solutions for this problem, and you will find them in this article.
SOLVED: Bluetooth is gone from Windows 10
Solution #1 – Device Manager
- While on Desktop, right click on computer, Properties, and then Device Manager
- Expand USB controllers and update bluetooth drivers
- Right click and click on all the USB root hub and host controllers
- Restart if prompted or click on scan for hardware changes.
- Try to download the updated bluetooth software from the manufacturer’s website.
Solution #2 – Restart the Bluetooth device
Remove and then reinstall the device from your computer follow these steps:
- Click on the Start button
- Click on Control Panel, go to Hardware and Sound, and then click Bluetooth Devices.
- Select the device that’s not working, and then choose Remove.
- Click Add, reset the device, select the My device is set up and ready to be found check box, and then click Next.
- If the device is not found, restart it again. When the device is found, select it, and then click Next.
- Follow the installation instructions in the wizard.
- Make sure the device is turned on and that the batteries don’t need to be replaced.
- Make sure your device is turned on and properly connected to the computer. Also make sure that your device is discoverable.
- Check if you installed the device using the correct program, if not reinstall it, and install it correctly.
Solution #3 – Microsoft Management Console Tweak
- Open the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in for Services.
- Type services.msc in the Start Search box, and then click Services in the Programs list.
- If you have to enter an administrative password in order to open services, type the password, and click on Continue.
- Double-click the Bluetooth Support service.
- If the Bluetooth Support service is stopped, click Start.
- On the Startup type list, click Automatic.
- Click the Log On tab.
- Click Local System account.
- Click OK.
- It is recommended to restart the computer after performing these series of actions.
Solution #4 – Windows Troubleshooter
If none of these solutions worked out for you, try to go to Troubleshooter, where you can find a couple more solutions, and hopefully solve your problem:
- Go to Search and type help and support.
- Go to Help and Support
- In the Search Help box or in the Search online Help box, enter Troubleshoot problems with Bluetooth enabled devices, and then click Search Help.
- In the list of topics, click Troubleshoot problems with Bluetooth enabled devices.
- Click on the solution that appears to be the best for your problem
- Follow the instructions from the selected solution
Solution #5 – Reinstall Bluetooth drivers
To reinstall your bluetooth drivers you can go visit your manufacturer’s website to download the latest drivers, if not you can launch Device Manager and uninstall the drivers.
- Select your Bluetooth driver and right-click on it, then select Uninstall device.
- Go to Action ans scan for hardware changes in order to reinstall the latest Bluetooth drivers.
Solution #6 – Check for updates
If your Bluetooth drivers are still not working even after reinstalling them, you should probably check on the Windows Update tool. Go to Settings and select Update & Security then Update and hit the ‘Check for updates’ button.
Solution #7 – Disconnect all peripherals
Another solution that may also work involves unplugging all peripherals and then restart the PC.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- What to do if Bluetooth is not working in Windows 10, 8.1
- FIX: Windows 10 failed to remove Bluetooth device
- Can’t connect Bluetooth devices to Windows 10 PC? Here’s how to fix this