- Users reported having some major issues with Bluetooth after a Windows update.
- If you can’t turn on Bluetooth in Windows 10, try getting the most recent drivers for your device.
- Alternatively, try removing your wireless managers that are running on your device.
A whole lot of users reached for us asking about Bluetooth issues on Windows 10, as Bluetooth won’t turn on through the user interface no matter what they do.
You can find the solutions below. As we are used to, with prior Windows versions we get various incompatibility issues.
This happens whether we are referring to basic features such as HDMI port, and video card drivers, or to more complex capabilities like WiFi or Bluetooth connectivity.
So, as you can see, your Bluetooth problems are also related to the Windows 10 system, which needs some extra attention from its users in order to make everything work without any kind of errors or alerts.
Anyway, fixing the Bluetooth won’t turn on issue is easy, as you only have to apply a few steps in that matter – don’t worry as you won’t need to use third-party tools or complex procedures.
Why is my Bluetooth not turning on?
If you have any programs that are incompatible installed on your personal computer, or if you have the airplane mod turned on, the Bluetooth feature on your device may not work properly.
The usage of drivers that are too old or antivirus software that is not right for your PC are also examples of prevalent causes.
Check out our post on the five best compatible antiviruses with Windows 10 and 11 in order to avoid errors like this in the future.
How do I force Bluetooth on Windows 10?
- Why is my Bluetooth not turning on?
- How do I force Bluetooth on Windows 10?
- 1. Get the latest drivers for your device
- 2. Try to remove conflicting programs
- 3. Reinstall the Bluetooth device
- 4. Run the Bluetooth Troubleshooter
- 5. Check if the Bluetooth service is running
- 6. Disable Airplane mode
- 7. Modify Registry settings
- Why is Bluetooth on-off button missing in Windows 10?
- What can I do if Bluetooth won't turn on Windows 11?
1. Get the latest drivers for your device
First of all, you should know that since more and more users are complaining about the Bluetooth cannot turn on error in Windows 10 and 11, Microsoft released its own troubleshooting solution.
However, if you want to address the problem manually, use the guidelines from below. In most cases, your drivers are outdated meaning that you have to download the latest ones compatible with your laptop, tablet, or desktop.
This method should do the trick especially if you noticed Bluetooth problems after updating to Windows 10. So, head towards to your manufacturer’s website and grab the latest Bluetooth drivers.
We also strongly recommend DriverFix as it automatically downloads all the outdated drivers on your PC.
This tool will keep your system safe as you can manually download and install the wrong driver version and end up facing an even greater danger.
Bluetooth issues are often related to outdated drivers. Don’t let yourself intimated and use DriverFix to fix this issue for good!
2. Try to remove conflicting programs
Many users are installing or using different wireless clients or managers that can interfere with the Bluetooth feature.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
The best will be to manage your wireless connections directly from Windows 8 and without using any other dedicated tools.
Therefore, if after updating your Bluetooth drivers the issues aren’t fixed, try in removing your wireless managers that are running on your device.
Basically, anything but the system-based controller shouldn’t be present on your PC. They tend to collide and this might lead to a conflict, such as the Can’t turn on Bluetooth error in Windows 10/11.
3. Reinstall the Bluetooth device
- Right-click the Start icon then select Device Manager.
- Find your Bluetooth device, right-click it, and select Uninstall Device.
- Restart your computer. The can’t turn on Bluetooth in Windows 10 issue will be solved.
By rebooting your computer, Windows will automatically install the Bluetooth drivers that are needed in order for it to function.
4. Run the Bluetooth Troubleshooter
- Open the Settings app by pressing Windows + I, and go to Update & Security section.
- Select Troubleshoot from the left side, followed by Additional troubleshooters on the right side.
- Find the Bluetooth troubleshooter, click it followed by Run the troubleshooter.
- Restart your computer. The can’t turn on Bluetooth in Windows 10 issue will be fixed this way.
If the Troubleshooter stops before completing the process, fix it with the help of our comprehensive guide.
5. Check if the Bluetooth service is running
- Press Windows, type , and open Services.
- Find the Bluetooth Support Service, right-click it and press Start if it’s not running already.
- If it’s enabled, right-click it and select Restart.
- Restart your computer.
6. Disable Airplane mode
- Press Windows then type airplane mode and open the top result. Since I am using a virtual machine, I do not have this option.
- Once the window opens, make sure the mode is turned off.
If the Airplane mode is turned on, you won’t be able to use Bluetooth devices. So, let’s check if this mode is on, as described above.
7. Modify Registry settings
- Press Windows type regedit, and open Registry Editor.
- Navigate to the following path:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\ActionCenter\Quick Actions\All\SystemSettings_Device_BluetoothQuickAction
- On the right pane, right-click the string Type and go to Modify.
- Change the Value data from 0 to 1.
- Save the changes and restart your computer. The Cannot see Bluetooth turn on error in Windows 10/11 will be fixed.
If none of the solutions from above solved the problem, one last thing we’re going to try is modifying some Registry settings.
Why is Bluetooth on-off button missing in Windows 10?
If you’re having issues with your Bluetooth adapter, it’s not unusual to see that your Bluetooth icon is missing. This isn’t the only issue, and many reported that Bluetooth has disappeared from the PC completely.
In case there’s a problem with your adapter, or drivers, your Bluetooth settings will also be missing. Therefore, if Bluetooth is not working on Windows, it’s possible that you have one of these issues.
Luckily, this guide has many useful solutions that can help you fix this issue.
What can I do if Bluetooth won’t turn on Windows 11?
- Right-click the Start icon then select Device Manager.
- Here, expand the Bluetooth section, right-click the driver, and select Update driver.
Well, those were the most common troubleshooting solutions that can be applied for addressing the Bluetooth won’t start error in Windows 10/11. If you need additional assistance, check out four solutions to fix Bluetooth not working in Windows 11.
Alternatively, for more potential solutions, check out our guide on how to fix Bluetooth not working in Windows 10.
If you can’t use your Bluetooth connection after completing this guide, don’t hesitate and share your problem with us and with our readers.
Just use the comments field from below; of course, we will assist you as soon as possible.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.