Fix: Bluetooth Speaker Not Detected in Windows 10
Many people prefer using Bluetooth devices, such as Bluetooth speakers for example, because they are compact and there’s no need to deal with wires. However, despite all the benefits of Bluetooth speakers, some users report that their Bluetooth speaker isn’t detected by Windows 10.
What to do if Windows 10 Can’t Detect Your Bluetooth Speakers
Bluetooth speakers are perfect if you’re using a laptop or any similar mobile device, but sometimes your Bluetooth speaker might not get detected by Windows 10, so here are few solutions that you might want to try.
Solution 1 – Restart Bluetooth Support Service
Check if the Bluetooth Support Service is running, to do this do the following:
- Press Windows key + R and type services.msc.
- When the Services window opens search for Bluetooth Support service, right click it and select Restart.
- Right click Bluetooth Support Service again and this time choose Properties from the list.
- When the Bluetooth Support Service Properties window opens set the Startup type to Automatic.
- Click Apply and then OK to save your settings.
Solution 2 – Enable Bluetooth Audio Service
- Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel from the list.
- In Control Panel select Devices and Printers.
- Next locate the Bluetooth speaker device and right click the device. Choose Properties.
- When the Properties window opens go to Services tab.
- Make sure that Audio Sink, Hands free Telephony and Remote Control are selected and click on Apply.
Solution 3 – Update your Bluetooth drivers
You can do this on two ways. You can go to your Bluetooth adapter manufacturer’s website, and check if there is a Windows 10 driver available. If no Windows 10 driver is available you can just download the latest driver.
Downloading drivers manually is a process that carries the risk of getting the wrong driver installed, which may lead to serious malfunctions. The safer and easier way to update drivers on a Windows computer is by using an automatic tool such as TweakBit Driver Updater.
This tool will scan all your devices and will give you an exhaustive list of all your drivers. Using an extensive database, it will update them to the latest version if you want, but it also allows you to select which driver to update.
Disclaimer: some features of this tool are not free.
That’s it, I hope at least one of these solutions was helpful, if you have any comments or questions, just reach for the comment section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in October 2015 and has been since revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness. We want to be sure that our list has the best products that will fit your needs.
The Sync function offered by the Windows Media Player allows the users to sync their favorite tracks between the PC and the smartphone. Sometimes, the […]
Microsoft confirmed that non-Insiders running the Windows 10 May 2019 Update are also getting cumulative update KB4497936. Microsoft rolled out KB4497936 to all the devices […]
Microsoft recently released a critical update (KB4500331) to patch a remote code execution vulnerability in Windows XP. It’s been years since Microsoft ended official support […]