If you see the message Your web browser is not compatible with SketchUp error, rest assured, you are not the only one experiencing this.
The error message appears whenever you try opening SketchUp inside a browser that doesn’t support OpenGL ES 2.0.
Here is what one user had to say about this issue on the SketchUp community forums:
Last Saturday I was using SketchUp Free with no problems. Yesterday I started getting browser not compatible errors. I am using Internet Explorer 11 with Windows 10 Pro. I have cleared history and cache but continue to have the problem. Is anyone else having this issue and is there a fix for it?
This error seems to appear on different browsers and system configurations.
Seeing this error message repeatedly can become extremely frustrating. For this reason, in today’s article, we will explore the best fixes for this issue. Read on to find out more.
How to fix SketchUp browser errors
1. Use CCleaner to delete all cache and cookies from browsers
- Download CCleaner and install it to your hard-drive.
- Run the CCleaner software.
- Select the Custom clean button, and tick the boxes next to cookies and cache for each of the browsers.
- Click Run Cleaner and wait for the process to be completed. (restart your PC if required to do so).
- Check to see if the issue is resolved.
2. Download and use another browser that supports OpenGL ES 2.0
Click the links above to visit the download page for each of the browser software compatible with SketchUp. After the download is completed, please install the browser to your PC by following the on-screen instructions.
Alternatively, you can try out UR Browser.
In today’s fix article we explored some of the most common methods to deal with your web browser is not compatible with SketchUp error message.
We hope that the methods presented in this list helped you get back to using SketchUp without encountering any errors.
Please feel free to let us know if this guide helped you solve your issue. You can do so by simply using the comment section found below.
- 10 best royalty-free image software for Windows PCs (plus some bonus tools)
- SketchUp Viewer is the first commercial app for the HoloLens
- 5 best software for furniture design