- Using WebGL is something content creators need to learn, especially if they specialize in the multimedia business.
- The guide below will show you what to do when your browser isn't compatible with WebGL.
- To learn more about browsers, visit our dedicated Browsers Hub.
- Content creators might also like the articles on our Graphic & Design page as well.
If you see the message Your web browser is not compatible with SketchUp error, rest assured, you are not the only one experiencing this.
The error message appears whenever you try opening SketchUp inside a browser that doesn’t support OpenGL ES 2.0.
Here is what one user had to say about this issue on the SketchUp community forums:
Last Saturday I was using SketchUp Free with no problems. Yesterday I started getting browser not compatible errors. I am using Internet Explorer 11 with Windows 10 Pro. I have cleared history and cache but continue to have the problem. Is anyone else having this issue and is there a fix for it?
This error seems to appear on different browsers and system configurations.
Seeing this error message repeatedly can become extremely frustrating. For this reason, in today’s article, we will explore the best fixes for this issue. Read on to find out more.
How to fix SketchUp browser errors
1. Download and use another browser that supports OpenGL ES 2.0
Because SketchUp requires depends on WebAssembly, not all browsers will be able to run this application.
One browser that doesn’t have issues with this tool, however, is Opera, although you must know that versions older than version 42 don’t support it either.
However, this is only worth knowing if you plan on downloading an older version on purpose.
The link provided below will give you the latest version of Opera, and once installed, it will update by itself whenever an Internet connection is available.
Create interactive music videos, games, data visualization, art, 3D design environments, 3D modeling of space, 3D modeling of objects, and more with WebGL within this amazingly lightweight, fast, and customizable browser now.
OperaAn excellent web browser that offers many useful tools, including the ability to save and print your web pages.
2. Use CCleaner to delete all cache and cookies from browsers
- Download CCleaner and install it to your hard-drive.
- Run the CCleaner software.
- Select the Custom clean button, and tick the boxes next to cookies and cache for each of the browsers.
- Click Run Cleaner and wait for the process to be completed. (restart your PC if required to do so).
- Check to see if the issue is resolved.
Remove all kind sof useless data from your PC with the help of the world’s #1 PC cleaner.
In today’s fix article we explored some of the most common methods to deal with your web browser is not compatible with SketchUp error message.
We hope that the methods presented in this list helped you get back to using SketchUp without encountering any errors.
Please feel free to let us know if this guide helped you solve your issue. You can do so by simply using the comment section found below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in August 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in August 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.