- You can run games from other platforms on your PC with the help of an emulator application.
- There are many emulator applications, but when your browser is not opening the app can be frustrating.
- Are you a fan of gaming? If so, you might want to check out our Gaming section for more articles like this one.
- If you want to learn more about web browsers visit our special Browsers Hub.
Tencent Gaming Buddy is a new but popular Android emulator for PCs that is specifically developed to play mobile games on PC.
The browser is lightweight and easy to install however, sometimes, you may encounter issues while using the Tencent gaming buddy browser.
Although the emulator comes with a built-in web browser, at times, the browser in Tencent Gaming Buddy may not work due to a software glitch.
Follow the steps in this article to fix Browser not opening in Tencent Gaming Buddy problem in Windows PCs.
How can I fix browser not opening in Tencent Gaming Buddy
1. Use Opera GX
Using a dedicated gaming browser is the best option if you want to have a good performance.
Fortunately enough, Opera GX was designed with the purpose of creating a great user experience through a number of exceptional gameplay features.
You can pick various themes, wallpapers, and highlight colors from the browser. Twitch integration is also available, so you can keep a close eye on your favorite streamers.
You no longer have to worry about RAM and CPU consumption because you can not track them inside the Opera GX browser.
Additionally, you get fewer to zero errors when playing games as compared to other browsers that don’t have gaming features.
Opera GX also has an incorporated adblocker that is helpful if you play games in your browser. So far as privacy is concerned, a free built-in VPN with unlimited bandwidth is available.
Opera GXNo more errors! Get your gaming to the next level with a highly customizable Opera GX browser.
2. Run Tencent Gaming Buddy in Compatibility mode
- Right-click on the Tencent Gaming Buddy shortcut.
- Select Properties.
- In the Properties window, click the Compatibility tab.
- Check the box Run this program in compatibility mode for: under Compatibility Mode.
- Click the drop-down menu and select the OS version.
- Click Apply and then click OK to save the changes.
2. Run as Administrator
- Right-click on the shortcut and select Run as Administrator.
- When the UAC asks to confirm the action, click on Yes.
- Launch the browser in the emulator.
3. Check your Antivirus / Windows Defender
- Click on Start and select Settings.
- Go to Update and Security.
- Click on Windows Security.
- Click on Firewall and Network Protection option under protection areas.
- Select the currently active network (Private, Domain or Public).
- Scroll down and turn off Windows Defender Firewall.
- When the UAC dialogue pops up click on Yes.
Those are some of the potential resolutions for fixing your browser not opening in Tencent Gaming Buddy. Let us know in the comment section below which one worked best for you.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in September 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in August 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in September 2019 and was revamped and updated in August 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.