Tencent Gaming Buddy is a new but popular Android emulator for PCs that are specifically developed to play mobile games on PC. Tencent Gaming Buddy is lightweight and easy to install. However, sometimes, you may encounter issues while using the Tencent gaming buddy browser.
The emulator comes with a built-in web browser, however, at times, the browser in Tencent Gaming Buddy may not work due to a software glitch. Follow the steps in this article to fix Browser not opening in Tencent Gaming Buddy problem in Windows PCs.
How to fix browser not opening in Tencent Gaming Buddy
1. Run Tencent Gaming Buddy in Compatibility Mode
- One way to fix the Tencent gaming browser issue is to run the emulator in the compatibility mode.
- Right-click on the Tencent Gaming Buddy shortcut on your desktop.
- Select Properties.
- In the Properties window, click the Compatibility tab.
- Check the box “Run this program in compatibility mode for:” under Compatibility Mode.
- Click the drop-down menu and select the OS version.
- Click Apply and then click OK to save the changes.
- Double-click on Tencent Gaming Buddy shortcut again and check if the issue is resolved.
2. Run as Administrator
- If the issue persists, check if the emulator for the permission issues. To do this, run the Tencent Gaming Buddy emulator with administrative privileges.
- From the desktop, right-click on the shortcut and select Run as Administrator.
- When the UAC asks to confirm the action, click on Yes.
- Try to launch the browser in the emulator and check for any improvements.
3. Check your Antivirus / Windows Defender
- Security programs installed on your computer can create conflict with the build-in browser of Tencent Gaming Buddy.
- Make sure you temporarily disable the internet and then try to access the browser.
- If the issue persists, try to disable the Windows Defender temporarily and check again. Here is how to do it.
- Click on Start and select Settings.
- Go to Update and Security.
- Click on Windows Security.
- Click on Firewall and Network Protection option under “protection areas“.
- Select the currently active network (Private, Domain or Public).
- Scroll down and turn off Windows Defender Firewall.
- When the UAC dialogue pops up click on Yes.
- Launch Tencent Gaming Buddy on your computer and check if the browser error is resolved.
- Make sure you turn on the Windows Defender Firewall irrespective of the result.
4. Use UR Browser
- If you are trying to download an app using the built-in Tencent Gaming Buddy browser, you can also do the same using your normal browser.
- If other browsers don’t work, try UR Browser.
- Download and install UR Browser on your PC and download the APKs for the app that you want to install on Tencent Gaming Buddy.
- You can later use the ES File Explorer to install the APKs in Tencent Gaming Buddy.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE:
- 3 best browsers with VPN that don’t slow down Internet connection
- Rules of Survival currently doesn’t support emulator error [FIX]
- Top 4 best VPN routers for gaming on Windows 10