Browsing history does not delete? Delete it with these steps
Browsers are widely used to access information available on the World Wide Web. Besides that, browsers are stores of information; they remember everything you do on the internet. Users, therefore, sometimes need to erase the history of what they have searched so far. However, they fail in this attempt and complain that browsing history does not delete or browsing history will not clear.
This problem is usually created by a bug, which prevents the history, cookies, cache or other data in the browser from deletion. Consequently, your browsing history does not delete. Follow the methods below to tackle this problem
How can I delete website data that won’t delete?
1. Fixing The Browsing History Does Not Delete On Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome from its icon.
- Click on the three vertical dots in the top right corner of your browser – just below the close button.
- Select History > History.
- In the top left corner, click on the option Clear browsing data.
- Set the Time range to All time.
- Mark all three options including Browsing history, Cookies, and other site data, and Cached images and files.
- Click on Clear data
- If the problem persists, go to the following paths:
- Delete the files therein.
- Relaunch Google Chrome.
2. Updating Google Chrome
Usually, Chrome updates in the background when you close and reopen your browser. To update chrome manually follow these steps:
- Start Google Chrome.
- In the top right, click Customize or menu button.
- There will be an option Update Google Chrome. If you don’t see any update button it means you’re on the latest version.
3. Delete The Browsing History On Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Del keys simultaneously.
- Press Ctrl + H at the same time to view your history.
- Click the Settings button in the top right corner of the browser.
- Scroll down to Internet Options and click it.
- In the Internet Options, click the Setting button just beside the Delete button.
- Follow Settings > History.
- Type 0 in the box Days to keep pages in history.
- Click OK.
- Go back to Internet Options and press Delete button
- Go to Content tab > AutoComplete Settings > Delete AutoComplete History > Delete > OK
4. How to Delete Browsing History On Mozilla Firefox
You can delete your history from Mozilla Firefox without encountering any problem. Follow the steps below
- Launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Click the Menu button with three horizontal lines icon.
- Choose options> Privacy & Security > Scroll down to History, cookies and site data.
- Click Clear History to clear to Everything.
- Select time range to clear history.
- In the Details list, check all the boxes if you want complete wipeout.
- Click the Clear now.
RELATED STORIES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:
- 4 best browsers that don’t save your history and personal data
- Restore Chrome browsing history that disappeared [ULTIMATE GUIDE]
- CCleaner isn’t deleting Firefox history [STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE]
- How to disable delete browsing history options on Firefox/Chrome/Edge
A large number of VMware users have reported encountering the following error message: Not enough physical memory is available to power this virtual machine with […]
Some users have reported that they are having problems when trying to log in their Uplay client. Apparently, they receive an error message that looks […]