- If you are unable to clear your browsing history, it is surely due to a bug with your browser.
- Switching to a different browser, such as Opera, Mozilla, and many others will quickly solve the problem.
- Delete it manually by following our method below if Google is not clearing your history.
- Also, try updating your browser to the latest version if you can't delete your browsing history.
Browsers are widely used to access information available on the World Wide Web. Besides that, browsers are stores of information; they remember everything you do on the internet.
Users, therefore, sometimes need to erase the history of what they have searched so far. However, they fail in this attempt and complain that browsing history does not delete or browsing history will not clear.
This problem is usually created by a bug, which prevents the history, cookies, cache or other data in the browser from deletion.
Consequently, your browsing history does not delete. Follow the methods below to tackle this problem
How can I clear my browsing history?
1. Try a different browser
- Open your Opera browser.
- Press Ctrl+H to open the history tab.
- On the top-right corner, select Clear browsing data.
- After, select what you wish to delete.
- Then click on Clear data.
If you can’t delete website data on your browser, perhaps switching to a different browser might be the best solution.
First of all, Opera is a web browser that prioritizes security and privacy above all else. To that extent, it comes with a built-in VPN, ad-blocker, and tracking-blocker.
All of these tools work in unison in order to ensure maximum privacy while surfing the Internet without the need to install extensions or third-party software.
Don’t worry about your browsing history being revealed thanks to this extremely privacy-oriented web browser.
2. Clear cache in Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome from its icon.
- Click on the three vertical dots in the top right corner of your browser – just below the close button.
- Select History > History.
- In the top left corner, click on the option Clear browsing data.
- Set the Time range to All time.
- Mark all three options including Browsing history, Cookies, and other site data, and Cached images and files.
- Click on Clear data.
- If the problem persists, go to the following paths:
- Delete the files therein.
- Relaunch Google Chrome.
2. Update Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome.
- In the top right, click Customize or menu button.
- There will be an option to Update Google Chrome. If you don’t see any update button it means you’re on the latest version.
Usually, Chrome updates in the background when you close and reopen your browser. You can also update it manually if you want to make sure you’re using the latest version.
3. Delete the browsing history on Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Del keys simultaneously.
- Press Ctrl + H at the same time to view your history.
- Click the Settings button in the top right corner of the browser.
- Scroll down to Internet Options and click it.
- In the Internet Options, click the Setting button just beside the Delete button.
- Follow Settings > History.
- Type 0 in the box Days to keep pages in history.
- Click OK.
- Go back to Internet Options and press the Delete button
- Go to Content tab > AutoComplete Settings.
- After, select Delete AutoComplete History > Delete.
- Then, press OK.
4. How to delete browsing history on Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Click the Menu button with the three horizontal lines icon.
- Choose Options> Privacy & Security.
- Then scroll down to history, cookies, and site data.
- Click Clear History to clear to Everything.
- Select time range to clear history.
- In the Details list, check all the boxes if you want a complete wipeout.
- Click the Clear now.
You can delete your history from Mozilla Firefox without encountering any problems by simply following the aforementioned steps.
We hope this article helped you solve your problem. We’ve included many useful solutions. If you have anything to add regarding the subject, please feel free to do so in the comment section below.