- The error code 0x00000016 is usually related to games with higher specifications.
- That BSOD error can be fixed quickly using third-party software.
- These Blue Screen of Death error codes will disappear if you use a professional solution.
- Some users have prevented these error codes from launching again by closing certain apps.
The CID_HANDLE_CREATION error is one of those dreaded Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) errors that arise on Windows desktops and laptops.
That particular BSOD error has a 0x00000016 a stop error code. That BSOD error often arises for players playing specific games with higher system requirements in Windows.
CID_HANDLE_DELETION is a similar BSOD error that can arise in Windows. That BSOD displays a 0x00000017 Stop error message. The potential resolutions for the 0x00000016 and 0x00000017 Stop errors are much the same.
How do I fix the 0x016 and 0x017 BSoD errors?
1. Use a professional solution
Regardless if you must fix the CID_HANDLE_CREATION or CID_HANDLE_DELETION error, there are professional solutions that will simplify your task. We recommend you a complete system solution necessary in every user’s computer.
It was designed to solve the BSoD error codes such as 0x00000016 or 0x00000017 in a fast and efficient manner. More so, this software will remove malware threats and warn you against visiting any dangerous websites it detects. It will also free precious disk space from your computer.
After you download this app, install it, let it scan your operating system, and after the scanning process has ended, it will also replace any damaged Windows files it detects. After using this powerful software, your computer will operate again at maximum performance.
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for the software to identify stability issues and possible corrupted files.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
2. Close startup and other background software
- Right-click the taskbar and select Task Manager.
- Select third-party apps and background apps listed on the Processes tab and select End task to close them.
- To stop programs starting with Windows, click Start-up.
- Then select superfluous software there and click Disable to remove them from startup.
Closing startup and other background software in Task Manager will free up system resources. It might also remove conflicting programs that trigger BSOD issues.
3. Update the graphics card driver
Error 0x00000016 can be due to an outdated or incompatible graphics card driver. You can update your graphics card driver, and others, with specific software.
Since BSoDs are very serious, you probably want a quick and efficient solution, and there’s none better than a third-party driver updater and fixer.
This lightweight utility scans your entire PC from the first launch, and then identifies older, malfunctioning, or even missing drivers.
Replacements will then be downloaded and installed on your PC. All you need to do to finish the whole process is simply restart your PC.
This driver updater and fixer shows you what are the latest drivers available. You will just have to choose if you want to update them one by one or all of them.
After your drivers have been updated, this offers you a better gaming performance.
4. Run a system file scan
- Press the Windows key + S hotkey to open a search box.
- Type cmd in the search box to find Command Prompt.
- Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator on the context menu.
- Type in this command, and press the Enter key:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Next, input
- Press Return to initiate a System File Checker scan.
- When SFC is done, it will display one of four alternative messages in Command Prompt.
- Restart the desktop or laptop if Windows Resource Protection repaired files.
BSOD errors can often arise due to system file corruption, which is something the System File Checker can fix.
5. Uninstall the Avast Antivirus utility
The 0x16 and 0x17 errors can be due to the Avast Antivirus utility. Even Avast concedes that its antivirus utilities can conflict with third-party software and generate BSOD errors.
Click avastclear.exe on the Uninstall Utility page to download the uninstaller for Avast Antivirus utilities. Then uninstall your Avast software with that uninstaller.
6. Adjust power plan settings for the hard drive
- Open the Run accessory with the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut.
- Type powercfg.cpl in the text box and click OK to open the Control Panel.
- Click Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings to open the Advanced settings tab.
- Click Hard disk > Turn off hard disk after to open the On battery text box.
- Replace the current value in the On battery box with 0.
- Click the Apply option, and press the OK button.
6. Reinstall the game the error arises with
- Press Start, and then enter appwiz.cpl in Run.
- Click the OK option.
- Select the game the Stop error arises for.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Select the Yes option on any confirmation prompts that might pop up.
- Restart Windows before reinstalling the game.
- Then reinstall the latest version of the game.
If the 0x00000016 error arises when playing a specific game, try reinstalling that game.
Those are some of the potential fixes that might resolve recurring 0x00000016 and 0x00000017 Stop errors.
Some of the resolutions on Microsoft’s Troubleshoot blue screen page might also fix the 0x016 and 0x017 BSOD errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, BSoD is actually designed to stop your computer from being damaged by a software issue.
To fix the BSoD error, you will need to follow the steps presented in this comprehensive guide.
The most common reason for encountering the dreaded BSoD is a hardware problem or a problem with a specific driver for your hardware.