AMD graphic cards offer great performance so it’s no wonder that many people around the world are using them. Along with AMD graphic cards comes Catalyst Control Center, but there are reports that Catalyst Control Center won’t open on Windows 10.
What to do if Catalyst Control Center Won’t Open in Windows 10
Catalyst Control Center is an application that comes with AMD display drivers and it allows you to customize display settings, display profiles and video performance. Although many average users don’t need to use Catalyst Control Center, advanced users use it for all sorts of things, such as display managment, color adjustment, etc. If you’re one of those advanced users and you can’t open Catalyst Control Center you might want to have a look at these solutions.
Solution 1 – Start Catalyst Control Center from the installation directory
This is quite the simple solution and in order to do this you just need to navigate to: Program Files (x86) > ATI Technologies > ATI.ACE > Core-Static > amd64 > CLIStart.exe and run the CLIStart.exe. This should start Catalyst Control Center without any problems. In addition, you can create a shortcut on your desktop so you won’t have to navigate through folders each time you want to run CCC.
Solution 2 – Completely remove your display drivers and reinstall them
To this, you’ll need Display Driver Uninstaller. You can download it from here.
- After you’ve downloaded Display Driver Uninstaller open its archive and extract it.
- Go to the extraction folder and run DDU.exe.
- This will extract more files to this folder.
- Now run Display Driver Uninstaller.exe.
- Display Driver Uninstaller will ask you to boot into Safe Mode, so choose Yes.
- After you’ve rebooted into Safe Mode DDU will start, and if it doesn’t find your GPU manufacturer you’ll need to choose it from the drop down list.
- Click Clean and Restart.
- You might get window asking you to disable Windows automatic installation of display drivers. If so, click Yes.
- After you’ve finished just visit AMD’s website for latest drivers.
- Updating drivers manually is very annoying, so we recommend you to download this driver updater tool (100% safe and tested by us) to do it automatically. Thus, you will prevent file loss and even permanent damage to your computer.
That’s it, if you have any comments or questions, just reach for the comment section below.