- CBS All Access is an American streaming service that comes with both original and CBS-specific content and live TV streaming.
- Many US users seem to face some issues with CBS All Access, most of them regarding compatibility, freezing and buffering.
- To fix streaming problems on CBS All Access, clear the browsing data, switch to Ethernet, or stream content via Amazon, amongst other solutions.
This is primarily because CBS All Access was available only in the USA, and those in other regions couldn’t access the streaming service.
With the transition to Paramount Plus, though the available countries now include the US, Latin America, Canada, the UK, Ireland, the Middle East, and Australia, it still doesn’t cover a large part of the globe.
But with users even in these countries facing streaming problems on CBS All Acess, it’s time we address things. So if you are facing the problem, read the following sections to find out all about it.
Browse the web from multiple devices with increased security protocols.
Access content across the globe at the highest speed rate.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
Connect to thousands of servers for persistent seamless browsing.
Why does CBS streaming keep buffering?
Here are a few reasons you might be encountering streaming problems on CBS All Access:
- Slow Internet speed: In most cases, it’s slow Internet speed to blame for buffering and streaming issues on CBS All Access.
- Issues with the CBS servers: If the CBS servers are down, there are bound to be problems while streaming content.
- Problems with the device: Oftentimes, it’s the device used to stream content that is the issue.
How do I fix CBS All Access streaming problems?
Before we head to the slightly intricate sets of fixes, we recommend you try these quick ones:
- If you have multiple Wi-Fi networks, switch to another one and verify whether the problem is resolved. In case there’s just one, disconnect all other devices with only the one used for streaming content from CBS All Access connected.
- In case the device offers support, switch to Ethernet. Wired connections are proven to be more reliable than their wireless counterparts.
- Re-login to your CBS All Access account.
- Clear all the shows in the Continue watching queue before streaming new ones.
- Though not an actual solution, many found that streaming CBS All Access on a mobile phone delivers a far superior experience.
If none of these work, head to the solutions listed next.
1. Clear all cookies and cache
- Launch Chrome, and press Ctrl + Shift + Del to open the Clear browsing data tab.
- Now, choose All time from the Time range dropdown menu, tick the checkboxes for Cookies and other site data, and Cached images and files, and then click on Clear data.
Once done, verify whether the streaming problems on CBS All Access are resolved. If not, the next solution should get things going.
2. Watch the content via Amazon
Many users reported that watching CBS All Access via the Amazon channel helped them eliminate streaming problems. The reason, Amazon offers a much more advanced setup than CBS.
Even the dedicated channel on Apple TV for CBS would do. So, try one of these and check if the streaming quality improves.
3. Use a VPN
A VPN helps reroute the connection through a network in another region and is beneficial for two reasons. It helps bypass country-specific restrictions and boosts security on the web.
To circumvent network congestion, you might want to try using a VPN for a change. Private Internet Access, for instance, is one of the most stable and efficient all-around VPNs on the market that can get rid of this issue in no time.
Private Internet AccessPrevent connection issues and increase your online safety and security with this strong VPN service.
However, before you invest in a VPN such as PIA, make sure that the issue occurs due to network congestion (ISP-related).
What can I do if CBS All Access not working on Roku?
Although it appears that there’s no magical fix for this situation, here are some potential solutions:
- Restart your Roku device.
- Try using a wired connection instead of wireless one.
- Restart your router and/or modem.
- Contact CBS and see if there’s something wrong on their side.
- Make sure you’re using the latest CBS All Access app version.
- Update your Roku device’s firmware to its latest version.
It seems that a lot of users enjoy this streaming service on Roku. However, quite a lot of them complain about compatibility issues. Here’s another possible solution that helped many users fix CBS All Access streaming problems on Roku:
How to remove and then re-add the CBS All Access channel on Roku?
- Press * on your Roku remote, and choose Remove channel.
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to the System category, and choose the System restart option.
- Wait for the device to reboot, and then add the CBS All Access channel back.
That’s it! By the time you reach this part, there’s shouldn’t be any more streaming problems on CBS All Access, be it on Windows, mobile, or Roku.
Also, find out what to do if Paramount Plus keeps buffering, and eliminate the problem in no time.
Do not forget to tell us which fix worked for you in the comments section below. Besides, we request you share any additional solutions that we may have missed.