- Video on demand keeps buffering can be frustrating, especially when streaming your favorite show.
- Potential reasons why your on-demand service keeps buffering include an outdated account, servers, and Internet issues.
- To fix these video streaming buffering issues you can disable ad blockers and VPN, improve your Internet connection, or stream on a different device.
Indeed, old problems never go away. Every new thing we discover comes with its own set of issues. Streaming services are no exception.
The widespread use of streaming services has led to an increase in demand for faster Internet connections.
While this is good news for users, Paramount Plus, which keeps buffering, can become a real problem when streaming movies, live sports, news, or your favorite TV show.
Don’t worry, though. To get you started on the right path, we have put together a list of five quick tips to fix Paramount Plus keeps buffering and other streaming issues you might be facing right now.
- Private Internet Access - Access content across the globe at the highest speed rate.
- NordVPN - Secure multiple devices and enjoy stable connections anywhere.
- SurfShark - Price convenient VPN service with all-rounded security features.
- CyberGhost - Connect to thousands of servers for persistent seamless browsing.
- ExpressVPN - Browse the web from multiple devices with increased security protocols.
Why is Paramount Plus always loading?
Before troubleshooting a bug, you need to understand its root cause. Here are potential reasons why your Paramount Plus keeps buffering.
- An outdated paramount plus account – Make sure that your account is still valid
- Ad blockers and VPN – Always disable these extensions on your browser or uninstall them as they can cause Paramount Plus buffering
- Slow paramount servers – Paramount servers can be down when there’s a lot of traffic on the site or when the servers are experiencing technical difficulties
- Internet issue – Slow or unreliable Internet connections can cause buffering issues
- Device issue – Some older devices might not be able to handle HD streaming
That being said, follow our solutions below to prevent Paramount Plus from buffering and enjoy your shows.
How do I fix buffering issues on Paramount Plus?
1. Log out and re-sign into your account
The buffering issue could also be because you haven’t updated your Paramount account. To fix this, you’ll need to sign out of your account, re-sign, and provide new account details.
2. Disable ad blockers and VPN
- Click the Menu icon (the three vertical dots) in Chrome, select More tools, and pick Extensions.
- Now, disable or remove the problematic extensions.
Ad blockers and VPN could be the cause of Paramount loading issues. Disabling the ad blocker and disconnecting the VPN could improve streaming quality if this is the case.
3. Check the Paramount Plus server status
If the Paramount Plus servers are down, you won’t be able to watch anything on the site. But there’s not much you can do except wait for it to be back up.
The little you can do is to check the Paramount Plus status page to see if there are any reported outages. You can also check their Twitter account for updates on when the servers will be back up.
4. Check your network connection
You need a stable and fast Internet to stream Paramount plus. If you don’t have a good connection, decreasing the video quality can fix the buffering issues.
We have a great guide on how to fix slow Internet speed in Windows 11 that might help you with that problem.
Alternatively, try restarting your router. You may need to contact your Internet service provider if that doesn’t work.
5. Stream on a different device
It’s possible that the device you’re using isn’t compatible with Paramount Plus. Try restarting the device or checking for updates.
One of these solutions should fix your Paramount Plus buffering issues. However, if you have tried all these things and are still having problems, contact Paramount Plus customer service for further assistance.
If you’re accessing Paramount Plus from your browser, switch to a better browser. We recommend trying Opera because it’s a very stable and reliable browser, suitable for streaming on any device.
What Internet speed do I need?
Most users ask: How can I speed up my Paramount Plus? But first, what internet speed do you need for Paramount Plus to stream without any hitches?
It would help if you had a minimum internet speed of 4-5 MBs to stream Paramount Plus shows.
But if you’d like to stream in 4K, HDR 10, and Dolby formats without interruptions, you need at least 25 MBs of Internet speed.
You can check your Internet speed on the Speedtest website. If your Internet speed is low, you speed it by:
- Restarting your Wi-Fi
- Changing the router position
- Reconnecting the router cables
Following these simple fixes should help you have an easy streaming experience without any hitches. You now understand why Paramount Plus Keeps buffering and should solve any of these issues on your own.
If you are still experiencing Paramount loading issues even after trying our solutions, contact the Paramount team for assistance.
Write any other questions, suggestions, or concerns in the comments section below.