CefSharp.browsersubprocess Has Stopped Working [4 Fixes]
- If CefSharp.browsersubprocess stops working, you might have to manually restart it.
- Reinstalling the software is also a great way to fix issues with file corruption.
- You can also fix this issue by removing the software manually from the installation directory.
Several reasons could cause the CefSharp.Browsersubprocess stopped working on your device, and usually that is caused by a bad installation.
Damaged installation will use more resources that in should, causing the application to crash or experience other problems.
Luckily, there are several methods that you can use to fix this problem. This isn’t the only service that users have problems with, and we wrote about how AOL Mail is not syncing with Mail app in a different guide.
Cefsharp.browsersubprocess, what is it?
Cef.Sharp browsersubprocess is a program used to load full-featured, standards-compliant web browsers in .Net or C# applications.
Introduced by Cef.sharp Authors software developers, it allows users to perform various tasks like playing games, sending emails, etc.
The Cef.Sharp process is essential for AOL Desktop Gold devices, especially for speed and efficiency.
What can I do if cefsharp.browsersubprocess stops working?
1. End CefSharp browsersubprocess.exe task
- Open the task manager bar by pressing Shift + Ctrl + Esc.
- Look for the AOL Desktop Gold icon and click on it.
- From the dropdown, right-click on the CefSharp.Browsersubprocess.
- Click on End Task.
This is a great method if CefSharp BrowserSubprocess is causing high memory or CPU usage issues.
2. Use an antivirus software
It’s commonly known that an effective antivirus will take care of your PC, and scan the system files for errors and corrupted settings.
To fix these issues, you should use an antivirus tool with a high detection rate and advanced anti-malware instruments.
So is CefSharp BrowserSubprocess a virus? You can determine that with ESET Internet Security due to its high-end file scanning or network inspector capacities.
3. Reinstall the AOL Gold app
- Open the search panel and type in AOL.
- Click on the app icon, and then click on uninstall.
- From the new window, complete the uninstallation process.
- Go to the Download page.
- After downloading, launch the .exe file as administrator to complete the installation.
After you complete the installation, check if the problem is still there.
4. Delete the CefSharp.Browsersubprocess file completely
- Open the File Manager and navigate to the following path:
- Enter CefSharp.Subprocess.exe into the Explorer and delete all associated files.
- Keep in mind that deleting these files might cause issues, so it’s a good idea to have a backup ready.
As you can see, you can easily remove cefsharp.browsersubprocess from your PC, but since it’s located in Windows directory, it’s advised not to.
So, is cefsharp.browsersubprocess safe? Yes, it’s a legitimate process from AOL, but you can encounter issues with it, you can fix them using our solutions.
There are other issues with AOL’s services, and many reported that AOL Mail isn’t displaying images, so you might want to check that issue as well.
We hope that you enjoyed reading this piece and that the information provided proves helpful in helping you detect and fix any issues with your computer caused when the CefSharp.Browsersubprocess is not responsive.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.