- Changing your Epic name effects a change across all games, such as Fortnite.
- It's free to change your Epic games name. You don't have to spend money or virtual currency to do so.
- You can find more interesting and useful guides in our How To section.
- For more gaming guides, tips, and fixes, feel free to browse through our Gaming area.
To change your Epic name, the email address, you must first verify your email address. If you always play on a PlayStation, Switch, or Xbox, you must upgrade your to a full Epic Games account to change your display name.
Immediately you change your display name, your friends will begin to see the new name online and in games. And the name change on your Epic Games account reflects on Fornite and other Epic Games.
How do I change my Epic Game display name?
- Ensure that you’ve verified the email address that you use for Epic Games.
- Visit the Epic Games website.
- Go to your Account Info page.
- In the General Settings, click on the pencil icon.
- Enter your desired display name in the provided field.
- Confirm your name by entering it again.
- Check the box to accept the terms.
- Hit the SAVE CHANGES button at the bottom of the screen.
Before going ahead to change Epic Game display name, be sure of what you’re changing it to. I say this because once you only change your Epic name once in two weeks.
How much does it cost to change your epic name?
Name changes in Epic games are free of charge. This means that you don’t get to use V-Bucks or money to them.
Changing your Fortnite name on a PS4 or Xbox One is different because these consoles make use of your PSN ID or Xbox Gamertag, not your Epic Games name.
It costs $10 each time you change your Fortnite name on a PlayStation 4 or Xbox One. This is because you’re not only changing your Fortnite name but your console ID entirely to reflect across all games.
However, your first name change on these platforms is free of charge.