- Due to game rules, inactivity or if you change your mind, you will need to update your name in League of Legends. To do that you will need to follow a few easy steps.
- As a one time exception, you can change the spacing and capitalization of your Summoner Name without having to purchase a Summoner Name change.
- For more fixes on League of Legends and many other games visit our Game Troubleshooting page.
- In our detailed Gaming Hub, you will find guides and fixes for many games and game launchers. If you have any issues, the answer is likely here.
League of Legends (LoL) is a super-popular multiplayer online battle arena(MOBA) game created by Riot Games for Microsoft Windows and macOS. As popular as it may be LOL doesn’t come without issues.
Name changing in League of Legends on Windows 10 can sometimes be a difficult task, however, in the following article, we have all the details you need to perform this change.
How can I change my League of Legends name?
1. Pre-requisites if you have the same username on multiple servers
- Check all of the accounts that might be blocking each other. If they are all attached to the same email account, you should have received an email listing them out for you.
- Log into your alternate accounts/PBE first on the website, and update them.
- Once all of your primary and secondary accounts are updated (again, don’t forget PBE), log back to your primary account. If you were the only person worldwide with that account name, you should be unblocked, so you shouldn’t get the pop-up anymore.
If you have signed up for League of Legends on multiple servers (including PBE), you will need to make sure that each account has a unique name. By completing the steps above you should be now able to change your Summoner Name.
2. Change the name from Store
- Open the Store and click on the Account button (the profile with gear icon behind it).
- At the bottom of the displayed items list select Summoner Name Change.
- Type in your name and click the button Check Name.
- If your new name is available, select the purchase method (Riot point or Influence points) to complete the name change.
- Your new name will take effect once you log back into PVP.net and the forums.
Note: Any names deemed offensive will be altered by Player Support without a refund.
That is it. You should have a brand new name in the game. In case you know more about this topic or you encounter any other LOL issues, please let us know in the comments below. Many of your fellow players will be grateful.
FAQ: Learn more about the name change in League of Legends
- How much does a Summoner Name change cost?
Name changes are available for 1300 Riot points or 13,900 Influence points.
- What is the difference between my Riot Account and my Summoner name?
The Riot Account name is what you use to log into your account, both on the website and in-client. Summoner Name is what your friends will see in-game.
- Can I change the spacing or capitalization of my Summoner name for free?
As a one time exception, you can change the spacing and capitalization of your Summoner Name without having to purchase a Summoner Name change. To do this, you will need to raise a ticket with the LOL support team with the following subject line: SUBJECT: Summoner Name Change.