Most of the modern browsers support the Picture-in-Picture mode including the popular Google Chrome.
Picture in Picture enables users to view a video on top of other windows. PiP is already supported by Chromium-based Opera and Vivaldi and the Chrome web browser itself.
How to use Picture in Picture mode in Chromium Edge
- The first step is launching a new Microsoft Edge browser on your system.
- Type youtube.com in the address bar and visit its official page and play a video of your choice.
- Select “Picture in Picture” after right-clicking on the video twice.
- The video will start playing in PIP mode by using in new Edge browser’s back to tab option
You might face difficulties enabling the Picture in Picture version in Edge browser. In this case, you need to enable two of the related tags including the use of SurfaceLayer objects for videos and Picture in Picture.
The Picture in Picture mode to the Firefox browser is currently in the development stages. Users can test the feature in Nightly version.
It is recommended to try the new build in a Virtual Machine so that you won’t have to bear the risks attached to the installation of software from an unknown source.
Other features lined-up for Chromium-based Edge
The dark mode fans must be pleased to see that the new Edge comes with an experimental dark mode. The company has hidden it behind a setting flag at the moment.
The other major features are going to provide a firm foundation for Chromium-based Edge’s adoption. For example, users will be able to directly install extensions from the Chrome Web Store.
Are you planning to give Edge another chance once the new version is out? Let us know in the comments below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to restore previous sessions in Microsoft Edge
- Edge to get Native Caret browsing and High Contrast mode
- Chromium Edge won’t be available for 32-bit Windows 10 PCs