How to free up space using Auto Recycle Bin cleaning in the Creators Update
You can never have enough ways of cleaning useless files from your Windows device. If you own a smaller hard drive, you’re probably familiar with the annoyance of regularly having to manage low disk space. Whether you use Windows’ built-in tools or the popular CCleaner, the task of cleaning old files always needed to be done manually, unless you previously paid for premium software.
Now, this won’t have to happen anymore: Microsoft has added a new feature to Windows 10 with the Creators Update that allows you to save a small amount of disk space on your PC by automatically cleaning your Recycle Bin and removing temporary files not being used by apps you have already installed.
Follow these steps in order to enable this cool feature:
- Open Setting then go to the System.
- Once you’re in the System settings, open the Storage page from the sidebar.
- You’ll then see a toggle to enable the feature just under the Storage Sense.
- Enable it and then click on Change how we free up space line below the toggle.
- You’ll be taken to another page with even more settings for Storage Sense. Here, you’ll be able to prevent it from deleting files that are being stored in your Recycle Bin for more than 30 days. You can also stop deleting temporary files that haven’t been used by your apps.
- You’ll also see a handy button for manually freeing up space whenever you need it.
You won’t be able to save tons of space with the help of this new feature, but you’ll still get to enjoy a small amount of extra disk space.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Creators Update bug: USB 3.1 Port shown as Unspecified
- CCleaner not deleting Firefox history [Fix]
- Windows 10 Creators Update breaks UPS-connected PCs causing performance issues
Whether you want to record a tech or sports podcast, recording a podcast is usually easy. Set up a mic, start the audio recorder, and […]
The PDF format is one of the most popular file formats in the world. That’s why it is absolutely essential to have an excellent PDF […]