- Create amazing 360/VR visuals with compositing software that provides a rotoscoping feature and tons of effects.
- Check out the tool from Adobe that incorporates motion graphics, virtual reality elements, and many other functions.
- Don't miss out on apps with HD support and a stable UI. Find them in the guide below.
- Our options for the best compositing software combine a friendly interface with next-generation technology.
Outstanding visual effects added to your videos can make a huge difference between losing your audience from the very start or making a statement.
If you want to make your videos more dynamic and surprise viewers, we are here to help you out. Well, getting your hands on some great compositing software isn’t optional.
Professionals use compositing in film production to combine images from multiple sources in a single frame. The results will speak for themselves.
As always, we are focusing on well-developed programs that provide many tools ready to assist you in making engaging HD videos. Don’t hesitate to check out the list below.
What’s the best compositing software to try out?
This is a top-end digital visual effect, motion graphics, and one of the best compositing software solutions aimed at professionals.
If your wish is to create and refine immersive videos, you may as well stop your searches here.
Adobe After Effects has a special ever-growing effects pack giving you access to more transitions, motion graphics, and visual effects than most other services do.
Among the positive things about this program is the fact that it actually lets you edit virtual reality or 360 videos using the VR Comp Editor and its amazing compositing tools.
Moreover, you may create virtual reality environments using the app’s tool aptly named Create VR Environment.
Through this feature, setting up the composition, cinematography, and other essential aspects of making a great 360/VR video is easier than you’ve imagined.
You also get rotoscoping features to open up endless possibilities for adding impressive visual effects to your videos and that’s not all.
Professional-level list of key features:
- Helpful start screen
- Intuitive VR Comp Editor and explosive effects in VR videos
- Auto-saved work in Adobe Team Projects for a continuous workflow even while on the go
- Set anything in motion with keyframes or expressions that will intensify the sensation of movement in your footage
- Can be used on both Mac and Windows computers
Adobe After EffectsCreate immersive outstanding visuals with a professional tool that provides tons of features.
Wondershare Filmora9 provides an extended suite of video editing and it is considered a perfect option for those who are specialists in the domain.
Having full access to the entire functionality of this special effects software is a joy!
Just imagine that you have more than 300 stunning effects for different niches and you may transfer your final videos directly to any popular portable device, upload to YouTube or burn to DVD in no time.
Key features you may enjoy on Wondershare Filmora9:
- Extremely intuitive user interface
- Basic features such as trim, crop and rotate are all included for your videos
- You may export and share to a huge selection of formats and social media sites
Wondershare Filmora9Get your hands on an impressive video-editor that comes with hundreds of effects and other great features.
Nuke is an interactive solution for video compositing. The software lets you create more content faster than ever before and enjoy enhanced flexibility in all your creative tasks.
To be more precise, both 2D and 3D compositing are included, along with some amazing Editorial options.
2D compositing features include a Nodal toolset, Rotoscoping, and Deep image compositing so that the viewers can always feel immersed in what they’re watching.
The incredible list of key features delivering film-grade results includes:
- User-friendly, stable UI
- 3D compositing options enable you to work in an intuitive 3D environment
- 3D camera tracker included
- Access to technical support
Next is in the list is a free version of Nuke that runs outside the regular licensing model. This software is meant for personal, educational, and other non-commercial use.
In spite of that, it offers most of the features of the commercial version of Nuke, which makes it a video compositing software that is great for beginners who are eager to learn more about editing.
Output resolution is though limited to HD (1920 x 1080) and the 2D format support is disabled for MPEG4 and h264.
However, that’s your very own chance to explore the application and its industry-leading tools.
Nuke Non-commercial key features:
- A choice of different VFX tools is at your disposal
- You may manage color grading with ease
- Nuke StudioTimeline environment lets you create Nuke Comps, add soft effects, and export your project
- In-application help from the Support team
- Special forum dedicated to Nuke Non-commercial users
Helius Composite is another great choice when looking for an application based on compositing and visual effects tools.
Even if it is a 32-bit application, be sure that it will install and run in a 64-bit environment as well.
Do note from the start that if other tools are recommended to high-end artists, this one is ideal for students and teachers. Only applications that use a valid school domain address are accepted.
Some Helius Composite key features you’ll most likely appreciate:
- It features a full High Dynamic Range pipeline
- Easy-to-use graphical interface
- Next-generation 3D compositing
- High-performance interaction at extremely high resolutions and advanced rendering
You’ve come to the right place when looking for high-quality compositing software tools. Don’t hesitate to let us know what your choice is by using the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Adobe After Effects is the go-to software used for VFX. Take a look at all the great alternatives in this article on the best compositing software to create engaging videos.
An excellent solution is Adobe Premiere Elements. Make sure to check it out and other tools in this guide on the best software for GoPro videos.