- If your Outlook profile is corrupted, you won't be able to access your inbox.
- No matter the Outlook version, fixing this is quite simple, and below we're going through the steps.
- Don't miss any of our useful guides in the How-To section. Bookmark it for easy access.
- Looking for more info on email clients? See the Web & Cloud Hub.
The PST feature inside MS Outlook deals with attributing that password to an Outlook profile and sometimes it may become corrupted. This results in you not being able to access the Outlook inbox.
For this reason, in this article, we will discuss the best solutions for fixing a corrupted Outlook profile. The repair process applies to Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, and also the 2016 version. Read on to find out more.
If you don’t have the time to investigate and repair Outlook yourself, why not install a dedicated solution that will do just that.
Our recommendation in this particular case is Stellar Repair for Outlook.
This is a useful tool that can help you with repairing corrupt PST files, recovering deleted Outlook items and emails, saving the mailbox data in a variety of formats, exporting the recovered data on other storage options of your choice, etc.
Stellar Repair for OutlookRestore the functionality of your Outlook profile in a few steps, using this simple and efficient tool.
How can I fix corrupted Outlook profiles?
- Open Outlook 2007, click Tools and select Account Settings.
- Inside the Email tab, select your account profile and click Repair.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to repair your account.
- After the wizard process is completed, restart your Outlook 2007 to save the changes.
- Open Outlook 2010 and click on the File button from the top menu.
- Click the icon showing a down-arrow next to Account Settings.
- Select Account Settings from the available options.
- Inside the Email tab, select the Outlook profile and click Repair.
- Complete the required steps by following the on-screen instructions.
Note: If the above-mentioned solution is not helping much, you can also try updating your software.
This method to fix the most common Outlook profile errors inside versions 2013 and 2016 of MS Outlook is very similar to the solution for the 2010 version.
Even though there are minor differences in the way the text appears, the options are found in the same menus, so the same steps are required.
So, in today’s article, we explored some of the best ways to deal with a corrupted Outlook profile. We covered all versions of the software, so you don’t have to search separately for solutions.
Please feel free to let us know if this article helped you better understand your circumstances and what you can do to change them.
You can let us know by using the comments section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in September 2019 and was completely revamped and updated in August 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.