This fix article will cover the step by step process to repair a corrupted Outlook profile on a Windows 10 PC.
This guide will include the repair process for Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, and also the 2016 version.
Commonly, Microsoft Outlook users keep their PST (Personal Storage Table) files protected by a password to prevent others from getting access to personal data.
The PST feature inside MS Outlook deals with attributing that password to an Outlook profile and sometimes may become corrupted. This will cause you to not be able to access your Outlook email.
For this reason, in this article, we will discuss the best solutions for fixing a corrupted Outlook profile. Read on to find out more.
Steps to fix corrupted Outlook profiles
Microsoft Outlook 2007
- Open Outlook 2007 -> click Tools -> select Account Settings.
- Inside the Email tab -> select your account profile -> click Repair.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to repair your account.
- After the wizard’s process is completed, restart your Outlook 2007 to save the changes.
Microsoft Outlook 2010
- Open Outlook 2010 -> click on the File button from the top menu.
- Click the icon showing a down-arrow next to Account Settings.
- Select Account Settings from the options presented to you.
- Inside the Email tab -> select the Outlook profile -> click Repair.
- Complete the required steps by following the on-screen instructions.
Note: If the above-mentioned solution is not helping much, you can also try updating your software.
Microsoft Outlook 2013 and 2016 versions
Even though there are minor differences in the way the text appears, the options are found in the same menus, so the same steps are required.
In today’s article, we explored some of the best ways to deal with a corrupted Outlook profile. We covered all versions of the software, so you don’t have to search separately for solutions.
Please feel free to let us know if this article helped you better understand your circumstances and what you can do to change them.
You can let us know by using the comment section below.
- FIX: Outlook won’t print PDF attachments
- Microsoft confirms Outlook 2016 missing sender name bug
- Sorry we’re having trouble opening this item [SOLVED]