- Some users have posted about blank Creative Cloud desktop apps on the Adobe forum.
- The first step to fix this problem is to update Adobe Creative Cloud to the latest version.
- Check out our other Creative Cloud Tutorials to become a master designer.
- The Troubleshooting Page is a great resource for fixing all the PC issues you come across.
Some users have posted about blank Creative Cloud desktop apps on the Adobe forum. The problem seems to be that when you open Creative Cloud, a blank CC window appears.
Thus, you can’t utilize the CC app when that happens. These are a few resolutions for fixing Creative Cloud apps that open with blank windows.
How can I fix blank Creative Cloud desktop apps?
1. Is the platform compatible?
First, note that most Windows platforms aren’t compatible with Creative Cloud. Users can only utilize CC on 64-bit Windows 10 platform or macOS v10.12 and higher. Thus, users who don’t have compatible platforms will need to upgrade to 64-bit Windows 10.
2. Update the Creative Cloud app
If the Creative Cloud app is not the latest version, updating it might resolve the issue. With every update, Adobe adds new features, security patches and increase compatibility. As with every piece of software, make sure that you are using an up-to-date version for the best experience.
3. Clear the OOBE folder
- Numerous users have confirmed they’ve fixed blank Creative Cloud apps by clearing the OOBE folder. To do so, press the Windows key + E hotkey, which opens File Explorer.
- Click the View tab.
- Select the Hidden items checkbox.
- Enter this path in File Explorer’s folder path bar: C:Users<user folder>AppDataLocalAdobeOOBE. Change <user folder> in that path to the actual title of your user folder.
- Select all the contents of the OOBE folder by pressing the Ctrl key + A.
- Press the Delete button to erase selected files.
4. Reinstall the Creative Cloud app
- Reinstalling Creative Cloud might fix the app for some users. Users can do that with the Creative Cloud Uninstaller by clicking Download on that app’s page.
- Open the Creative Cloud Uninstaller ZIP in File Explorer.
- Click the Extract all button.
- Press the Extract button.
- Then open the Creative Cloud Uninstaller from the extracted folder.
- Click the Uninstall button on the window that opens.
5. Select Power Saving Graphics for Creative Cloud
- Some users with hybrid Intel/AMD graphics systems have said they’ve fixed the issue by switching Creative Cloud to Intel (power saving) graphics. To do that, right-click the desktop and select AMD Radeon Settings.
- Click the System tab on the Radeon Settings window.
- Then select the Switchable Graphics tab shown directly below.
- Enter ‘Creative Cloud’ in the Search box.
- Click the Creative Cloud profile application to select the Power Saving option for it.
The above resolutions will probably fix the Creative Cloud app for most users. However, users who have fixed the same issue with other resolutions are welcome to share them below.
FAQ: Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app not working
- Why is my Creative Cloud not working?
There can be a number of reasons why Adobe CC isn’t working. Follow the steps listed above to fix the problem.
- How do I fix Creative Cloud?
Make sure you are running the latest version of Adobe CC. If after the update you are still encountering problems, you should completely uninstall all Adobe CC products, reboot your system and perform a clean install as shown above.
- How do I open the Creative Cloud Desktop app?
Click on the Start button and type Creative Cloud Desktop. Open the desktop app and from here, go to Apps > All Apps. You will see all the CC apps installed on your system and you can open whichever one you need.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in December 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in April 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.