Adobe Creative Cloud usually enables users to select from a range of Adobe apps. However, some CC users have posted about a Download Error for Creative Cloud on Adobe’s support forum.
The Apps section of CC displays a Download Error message for those users. The error message states: Download error. Please retry to try again or contact customer support. Consequently, users can’t select any software on the Apps tab.
How can I fix Adobe Creative Cloud’s download error?
1. Update Creative Cloud
First, try updating the Creative Cloud software. To do that, sign in to a CC account via the login page for it. Then users can click Download and follow the instructions to update Creative Cloud.
2. Delete the OOBE and AAMUpdater folders
- The official fix for the Download Error is to delete the OOBE and AAMUpdater folders. First, close the Creative Cloud app if it’s running.
- Next, open File Explorer with the Windows key + E hotkey.
- Select the File name extensions check box on the View tab.
- Open this folder in File Explorer: UsersApp DataLocalAdobe.
- Select the OOBE folder, and press the Delete button.
- Select the AAMUpdater folder, and then click Delete to erase it.
- Then launch Creative Cloud from the Start menu.
3. Reinstall Creative Cloud
- Some users have also said they’ve fixed the Download Error by reinstalling Creative Cloud. Press the Windows key + R hotkey.
- Input ‘appwiz.cpl’ in Run and click OK, which opens the uninstaller.
- Select Adobe Creative Cloud, and click the Uninstall option.
- Click the Uninstall button on the dialog box that opens to confirm.
- Restart Windows after removing Creative Cloud.
- Click Download Now on this page for the AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.
- Right-click the AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe to select Run as administrator.
- Then users can press 6 on the keyboard to select to remove Creative Cloud only. Users can also press 4 to remove CC apps.
- Press the Y key to confirm.
- Thereafter, click Adobe Application Manager on the Adobe Application Manager page. Then you can reinstall Creative Cloud and other apps with Adobe Application Manager.
- Alternatively, users can download CC from the Creative Cloud website.
Those are a few of the confirmed fixes for Creative Cloud’s Download Error. So, the resolutions above will probably resolve the issue for most users.
If you have any other questions or suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to fix Creative Cloud’s high CPU usage
- Adobe Creative Cloud Issues in Windows 10 [FIX]
- Fix: Something went wrong initializing Creative Cloud libraries