D3dx9_26.dll is Missing? Fix It in 4 Steps
Corrupt system files may prompt the DLL file to be missing
- Applying a tool like Fortect can easily identify and resolve DLL errors on your PC.
- Ensure you regularly scan for viruses to keep your PC protected at all times.
- Avoid downloading DLL files incompatible with your PC, i.e. downloading a 32-bit DLL for a 64-bit OS.
The d3dx9_26.dll file is usually associated with Windows-based games and advanced graphics programs. If the DLL file is missing, it may result in a variety of error messages.
In this article, we’ll briefly discuss the reasons behind the d3dx9_26.dll error and provide the necessary steps to help you resolve the error.
Why is the d3dx9_26.dll missing?
The following are some of the reasons why you’re experiencing the d3dx9_26.dll missing error:
- Corrupt DLL Files: DLL Files such as the d3dx9_26.dll are installed automatically during their corresponding software or game installation. However, such files can get corrupted by actions like a Windows Update or System error. This would leave the DLL file broken and rendered completely unusable.
- Viruses and Malware: A PC infected with viruses or malware triggers many errors. Some viruses specialize in deleting essential system files.
- Unsupported DLL Files: When games get updated, the DLL file associated with the game can become unsupported after the update. This is common with games like GTA V, PUBG, Minecraft, etc. If the pre-existing DLL file becomes unsupported due to the update, you can trigger the d3dx9_26.dll error.
How can I fix the missing d3dx9_26.dll?
There are several possible fixes you can attempt to resolve the d3dx9_26.dll is missing error; here are some of the most common fixes:
1. Apply a DLL error fixer
Most DLL errors originate from problems with the Windows registry. This is why one of the most efficient ways to resolve the d3dx9_26.dll error is to apply an error-fixing tool.
Efficient tools like this one can help you repair your PC and protect it from threats and considering that the d3dx9_26.dll error is a system error, you can be guaranteed 100% that it will resolve the error.
2. Install or Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package
- Press the Windows key, type in the name of your browser, and hit Enter.
- Navigate to the official Visual C++ Redistributable download page and click the Download button.
- Usually, you’ll need to download the 64-bit and the x86 (32-bit) versions. However, if your PC is 32-bit, you should only install the x86 version.
- Wait for the file to be downloaded, and double-click on the .exe file.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation and restart your PC to see if the error is fixed.
If the package is missing or corrupted, you’ll run into a series of errors like the d3dx9_26.dll.
In some cases, you’ll run into the Windows can’t install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 error. Be sure to read our guide on how to resolve it.
3. Run the System File Checker Utility
- Press the Windows key, type in CMD, right-click on the displayed result, and select Run as Administrator.
- Click Yes to grant the app administrative access in the User Account Control window.
- Then, input the following and hit Enter:
- Wait till the scan is complete, and restart your PC to check if the error persists.
The System File Checker Utility helps in resolving errors triggered due to corrupt system files. Running the scan can help resolve the d3dx9_26.dll error.
4. Register the DLL File
- Press the Windows key, type in cmd, and select Run as Administrator.
- Click Yes in the User Account Control (UAC) window.
- In the command prompt window, type in the following and hit Enter:
- Wait for Windows to initiate the DLL registration, and restart your PC once it’s complete.
Registering the DLL will add the necessary information to the Windows registry that Windows can utilize.
The d3dx9_26.dll error is one of the easiest DLL errors to resolve. The troubleshooting techniques are straightforward and require little to no technical know-how. If you follow through with our guide, you should be able to fix the error in no time.
If you’ve previously experienced the d3dx9_26.dll error and resolved it using alternative methods, you can let us know in the comments below.
Still experiencing issues?
If the above suggestions have not solved your problem, your computer may experience more severe Windows troubles. We suggest choosing an all-in-one solution like Fortect to fix problems efficiently. After installation, just click the View&Fix button and then press Start Repair.