Best games to get you started on your Windows 10 PC
If you’re wondering what games are accessible and working on Windows 10, then you’ve came to the right place.
You will find out by reading this article what games you can install on your Windows 10 and also what games are causing issues with this new operating system.
There are a lot of amazing titles included, some of them even being cross-platform.
So keep reading if you want to see what are your best choices when it comes to Windows 10 gaming.
Diablo 3 is one of the best action role-playing video games that is present on the market and it works great even for the Windows 10 operating system. So basically you only have to go and install it and give it a try.
All you have to do is choose one of the six available character classes like the Barbarian, Crusader, Demon Hunter, Monk, Witch Doctor or the Wizard and begin your challenging quest in defeating the Lord of Terror Diablo.
The game is packed with amazing visuals and intriguing gameplay.
Diablo 3 is available on Windows 10, macOS, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One.
You can buy it by following the link below.
Battlefield 3 is next on our list and we’re happy to announce that it will work flawlessly on your Windows 10 operating system, if you have the necessary hardware specs which the game requires to run.
Battlefield 3 is a first-person shooter developed and published by EA Games.
In the game‘s campaign, you can play as a U.S. Marine, an F/A-18F Super Hornet weapon systems officer, a Spetsnaz GRU operative, or even as an M1A2 Abrams tank operator.
The game is one of the best of its kind, and you can play it on Windows 10, PS4, or Xbox One.
Starcraft 2 is a great game for all the strategy game players out there, and you can go right ahead and install it on your Windows 10 without having to worry about any operating system issues.
The FPS of Starcraft 2 works as good as can be expected from this game.
You only need to have the necessary system requirements like: 2 GB of RAM memory , 12 GB free space on your hard drive and equal or above the 128 MB PCIe NVIDIA® GeForce® 6600 GT video card.
The game is available for Windows 10 and macOS.
Mafia 2 is made for the action adventure game lovers and it works in Windows 10 as smooth as it did in the previous versions of Windows operating systems as well.
If you want to impersonate a gangster and his efforts to climb through the ranks of the Mafia crime families, then this is the perfect game for you.
The third-person perspective makes the surroundings easier to see and the gameplay is full of action.
Mafia 2 is available on Playstation, Xbox, and Windows 10.
If you are a fan of the quake first-person shooter game series then you can start playing it on your Windows 10 operating system.
This game works at a more higher rate of FPS in Windows 10, so it will make your experience a lot more interesting.
You can play against players around the world in multiple game modes and over 100 arenas.
Quake Live is one of the most competitive shooters available.
The game is available on Windows 10, and you can play it directly from Steam.
Best free Windows 10 games from the Microsoft Store
And now, let’s take a look on what are the best free games that you can find on the Microsoft Store.
These games are available for Windows 10 and offer incredible graphics and exciting gameplay.
Asphalt 9: Legends
If you like racing games, then this is the one for you.
Asphalt 9: Legends is a hyper-realistic arcade racing game with lots of hyper cars and locations to race in.
With more than 70 tracks available and a plethora of cutomizations, Asphalt 9 is surely worth your time.
The game works flawleslly on Windows 10, and you can download it for free from the link below.
World of Tanks Blitz
World of Tanks Blitz is inspired by the hugely popular World of Tanks.
With stunning graphics and intuitive gameplay, the game is available on multiple platforms including phones, tablets, and Windows 10 PCs.
Here are the main features of the game:
- Over 300 iconic vehicles from Germany, Great Britain, the United States, the USSR and Japan
- 4 different vehicles classes including light tanks, medium tanks, heavy tanks, and tank destroyers
- Strategic 7v7 online multiplayer gameplay
- 26 unique battle arenas
- Crossplatform gameplay
- In -game chat functionality
- Innovative crew upgrade system
- Constant graphical enhancements and updates, as well as optimization for various devices
- Real-life physics to create authentic tank movement and damage mechanics
- Detailed tutorials
- Ability to invite your friends to play online
- In-game achievements
- Free to play with equal access to in-game elements for paying and non-paying players
- Easy to learn, intuitive touch screen controls
- Battle Missions that open up fresh, personalized challenges of varying difficulties and enable players to earn bonuses and achievements
- Clan functionality allowing players to unite in their pursuit of victory
Play World of Tanks Blitz in complex multiplayer games with your friends and be the last man standing.
With Roblox you can create anything that you can imagine.
Enter the role-playing adventure and explore millions of worlds and show off your unique style. Customize your character with lots of options and play with your friends.
Roblox features full cross-platform support, meaning you can play with your friends and millions of other people on their computers, mobile devices, Xbox One, or VR headsets.
Forza Motorsport 6: Apex
Here are just a few of the many features:
- Experience the world of Forza on Windows 10 PCs for free, with many of the best racing experiences that “Forza Motorsport 6” has to offer, as well as Forza’s trademark innovations such as Drivatar™ opponents and Forzavista™ cars – each with working cockpits and full damage.
- Discover new ways to play and compete, including an all-new Showcase Tour, Spotlight Series, in-race bonus objectives and an all-new scoring mechanic.
- Race a diverse selection of more than 60 Forzavista™ cars curated from fan favorites, reflecting a variety of automotive interests, including hot hatch, muscle, touring, exotics, GT racing, track toys, prototypes and hypercars.
- Compete on six tracks based on world-famous tracks, featuring immersive wet-weather and night racing conditions.
Keep in mind though that you will need to have at least 8 GB of RAM, Radeon R7 250X / GeForce GT 740 or equivalent, 30 GB of available space, and DirectX 12 to run it properly.
Dead Rivals - Zombie MMO
Dead Rivals – Zombie MMO is a clash between fast-paced action and MMORPG.
You’ll have to fight for your survival in an post-apocalyptic open world filled with zombies.
Pick your class, customize your character, build your shelter, craft an arsenal of weapons, develop your skills, and crush your opponents in highly competitive PvP battles.
Here are the main features of the game:
- Choose from among 3 uniquely skilled classes and customize your hero’s look.
- Research, craft and improve dozens of different weapons.
- Multiple skill trees allow you to pick the right abilities for any challenge.
- Stand out from the horde with unique clothes and skins!
- Explore in total freedom as you discover large zombie-infested maps, each created in amazing detail.
- Get to know the Factions inhabiting the various areas as you learn who’s at war with whom. But be careful not to get caught in the crossfire!
- A complete MMORPG-style quest system allows you to focus on the main storyline or take on a multitude of side quests.
- Follow an epic storyline and piece together the mystery behind the origin of the zombie apocalypse.
You can team-up with other players, complete special co-op missions, and fight in multi-team PvP battles.
With great sound effects and high resolution graphics, Dead Rivals – Zombie MMO is surely worth checking out.
Windows 10 free games with achievements
Now, let’s take a look at the best free games that have achievements.
These games are easy to play and you can enjoy fast gaming sessions and boost your game score at the same time:
- The Walking Dead: Michonne – get it here
- Halo 5: Forge – get it here
- Touchdown Hero: New Season – get it here
- Fruit Ninja – get it here
- Heart Box – get it here
- Tiny Troopers – get it here
- Microsoft Treasure Hunt – get it here
- Age of Empires®: Castle Siege – get it here
Best games for Windows 10 from 2018
Here are the best games that you can play on Windows 10 from 2018.
These games still offer high resolution graphics and complex gamplay, so it’s worth checking them out.
GTA V is still one of the best games on Windows 10 PC.
The classic ‘take and do not give back until you die’ game will please you with an enormous world map, numerous missions and goals to achieve, plus multiplayer mode.
The multitude of in-game options and the immersive gameplay makes GTA V a must-try game, even if you’re not a fan of the series.
The game is available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Give it a try and tell us about your experience.
Hearthstone is the most played card game and is still one of the top tier games for all users, especially for Windows 10 devices.
Recent patches have added lots of cards, and new mechanics are in play. Try this free-to-play game and let us know if it worked well on your Windows 10 device.
Player Unknown's Battlegrounds
PUBG is an extremely popular online multiplayer battle royale game, and millions of gamers play it every single day.
The game is on its 4th season already, and it has more features, maps, and gear than ever.
The mod for Arma 3 quickly become one of the most popular explore & kill games out there. The only thing you have to do is to be the last man alive in the squad.
PUBG is available on Xbox One, PS4, and Windows PC through Steam.
A few other games compatible with Windows 10
Here are a few other games that you can try on your Windows 10 PC. Keep in mind that most of them require a powerful GPU and very good components to run properly.
If you’re into racing, first-person shooters, RPGs, and adventure games, be sure to check out these awesome games:
- Dirt 3 (rallying video game)
- Need for speed Most wanted (racing video game)
- Crysis 3 (first-person shooter video game)
- WATCH_DOGS (open world action-adventure video game)
- Minecraft (sandbox independent video game)
- Deus Ex Human Revolution (cyberpunk-themed first-person action role-
playing video game)
- WoW (online role-playing game)
- Fallout NV (post-apocalyptic role-playing video game)
These are just a few of the games available and working in the Windows 10 operating system, but as soon as new titles show up, we will keep you informed.
If you have any other questions or suggestions, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below and we’ll be sure to check them out.
- 5 best software to show FPS in Windows games
- 8 best tank games for Windows 10
- What are the best snake games for PC? Here’s our 2019 list
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in December 2014 and has been since revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness
Best games to play on Windows 10
Google Chrome is the most popular browser out there. It is a reliable tool to surf the Internet and has many great features. However, nothing […]
Uplay is an amazing game distribution platform created by Ubisoft. It can be used to buy and download games as well as DLCs. It can […]