The data area passed to a system call is too small [FULL FIX]
Sometimes while running server webpages you might get Data area passed to a system call is too small error. This error occurs when you’re connecting to Active Server Pages(ASP) on a computer running Internet Information Server, and in this article, we’ll try to show you how to fix this problem once and for all.
This is how one user described the issue on Tom’s Hardware forum:
Good day, I am receiving this error when I try to open a image file
The message is: The data area
passed to a system call is too small.
Any help? please?
How can I fix The data area passed to a system call is too small error?
1. Change Web site properties
- Open the Microsoft Management Console (MMC), open the Web site Properties, and then click the Home Directory tab.
- In the Application Settings tab, click Configuration.
- Click to check the Cache ISAPI Applications check box.
- Stop and restart the Web site.
- You’re all set.
2. Install the hotfix
- Download hotfix update for SQL Server 2012 SP4.
- Install the hotfix.
- Once the hotfix is installed, check if the problem is still there.
3. Reinstall the problematic applications
- Remove iTunes and Dell SupportAssist from your PC.
- Once you remove them, download them again and reinstall them.
- Check if the problem is still there.
- Bear in mind that other applications can cause this problem as well, so be sure to reinstall an application that is giving you this error.
To ensure that the problematic software is completely removed, consider using uninstaller software such as IOBit Uninstaller to completely remove the application and all of its files.
We hope this fix was of use to you, and in the meantime what other solutions have you found out to this problem?