- For network-related or any internal problems, Decentraland may not connect to MetaMask.
- Resolving network issues and browser settings can help to get rid of this problem, but there are other ways to fix it as well.
- Though playing as the guest is the easiest way to explore Decentraland, the MetaMask is considered the best method to have a better experience with this virtual world.
If you are having a problem like Decentraland not connecting to MetaMask wallet, you are at the right place. This article will give you the appropriate troubleshooting guide with effective methods to overcome this problem.
MetaMask is the best way to experience Decentraland. Even though there are other methods to login into this virtual world, MetaMask can help you to get the smoothest experience. But, That doesn’t mean you will not encounter any problems.
In recent days, Many people have reported that Decentraland was not connecting with this wallet properly. Here, you will know about the solutions to this trouble you may have faced.
In some other cases, users have reported that even though they managed to log into their Metamask account, the tokens were not being displayed.
Before that, you should know more about this unexpected issue, in order to better understand the principles behind it and what causes it to appear.
Why may Decentraland not connect to MetaMask?
Many factors can cause problems with the MetaMask, and Decentraland may not be able to communicate with this wallet.
The followings are the most significant factors that can cause this problem.
- Internal problem with the browser
- Faulty network connection
- Extension or add-on problem
- Problem with Decentraland
Fortunately, you can apply some effective solutions to get rid of this MetaMask wallet issue with Decentraland.
How can I fix Decentraland not connecting to Metamask?
1. Update browser
1.1 Update Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click on three vertical dots on the top right corner and click on Settings.
- Go to About Chrome.
- Google Chrome will check for update for itself and install it automatically.
- Relaunch Chrome.
1.2 Update Firefox
- Click on three vertical lines and then on help.
- Click on About Firefox.
- It will open the about page and update the browser automatically.
Any browser that uses Chromium as the main browser engine will have a similar updating process to Chrome. And for Firefox-based browsers, it’s all similar to the Mozilla Firefox updating process.
2. Update MetaMask extension
2.1 Update chrome extensions
- Open Chrome.
- Type the following address in the addressbar and hit enter.
- Toggle on the switch to turn on developer mode and click on Update.
2.2 Update Firefox add-ons
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Type the following address in the addressbar and press enter.
- Click on the gear icon and then click on Check for updates.
If anyhow the current version of the MetaMask extension or add-on is not compatible, updating it will fix any issue that prevents Metamask to be used in Decentraland.
3. Change site access preference for MetaMask
- Right-click on the MetaMask extension icon on your browser.
- Change site access preference to On all sites.
If you cannot use MetaMask on Decentraland’s website, doing the above things will help.
4. Change DNS
4.1 Change DNS Server for Ethernet connections
- Press Win + I on the keyboard to open Windows Settings.
- Go to Network & Internet.
- Click on Ethernet.
- Click on the Edit button next to the DNS server assignment.
- Next, Type your preferred DNS server addresses. Usually, 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 (Google DNS) is best for all-purpose.
- Click on Save.
4.2 Change DNS for Wi-Fi
- Open Windows settings like before.
- Go to Network & Internet like before.
- Click on Wi-Fi.
- Go to Hardware Properties.
- Click on Edit next to the DNS server assignment.
- Set DNS Settings from Automatic to Mannual.
- Enable IPv4 or IPv6 depending on your preference.
- Input the preffered DNS addresses.
- Click on Save.
4.3 Flush DNS
- Open Start Menu, type cmd, and hit enter to open the command prompt.
- Type the following command and press enter to execute it.
After doing the above things, try to log in to Decentraland using MetaMask. You should no longer face the problem if DNS was the main culprit.
5. Use a different browser
If you encounter Decentraland not connecting to MetaMask on a browser, try another one. Because, in some cases, the problem may be related to the web browser or the extension available for that specific browser.
For example, if you use Chrome and face the problem, try Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge, or Opera instead to get rid of this problem. For the best experience, you can have a look at these best browsers for Decentraland.
6. Use VPN
If there is something wrong going on with the Internet network you are using, you may encounter this problem. It may be related to your ISP. In this case, using a premium VPN can help.
For Decentraland, We recommend Private Internet Access (PIA). This VPN hides your original IP and passes your internet traffic within its network so you can access any type of content easily.
For any reason, if your IP address or ISP’s IP range has some issues with either Decentraland or MetaMask server, you may notice that Decentraland is not connecting to MetaMask. In this case, using PIA can help you.
Why you should not play Decentraland using the guest login
There are multiple ways to sign in to Decentraland. You can log in using MetaMask, Formatic, WalletConnet, and the Guest login. But, It is not recommended to play this Metaverse game as a guest.
If you want to explore the game just for a while, the guest mode is appropriate. But, If you want to take Decentraland seriously, then the wallet login is the ideal way.
Because, If you clear your browser data or run this game into another browser or device, playing as a guest will not sync your data and progress. As a result, you may lose your progress achieved by hard work.
Also, Decentraland is a great game to earn NFTs and cryptocurrencies. If you use a wallet, particularly the MetaMask, it will help to save progress, sync between devices, and also make money.
After considering these facts, you can understand that guest login is not ideal for most users, and it’s just a waste of your time. According to the Decentraland official website, MetaMask is the most recommended way to play this virtual world game.
However, These ways mentioned in this article are very effective to fix Decentraland not connecting to MetaMask error. Do not hesitate to comment if you know a better way to get rid of this issue.