Full Fix: Dell Venue 8 Pro Driver Bluetooth Issues in Windows 10
Have you installed Windows 10 Technical Preview operating system on your Dell Venue 8 Pro device? It seems that some of the users that have the Dell Venue 8 Pro running Windows 10 have run across some driver installation issues and the most common of them is the error STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE brought by the Bluetooth feature but you can rest assure because in the tutorial posted below you will find out what to do in order to fix your Dell Venue 8 Pro drivers and use your Windows 10 in no time.
In order for the tutorial to work you will also need to sign in to the Windows Insider Program to download the ISO file of the Windows 10 Technical Preview from there and update some necessary drivers to the system and because the Windows 10 Technical Preview system is not yet a stable version you should not expect everything to be working properly the first time around.
Dell Venue 8 Pro driver issues on Windows 10: how to fix them?
- Left click or tap on the link posted below
- Click here to go to Windows 10 Insider Program
- Now that you are in the Windows Insider Program page, you should be able to see and select the “Get Started” purple button.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to finish the registration process.
- Download the ISO file for Windows 10 Technical Preview from the site after you registered.
- Double click to open the “programs” folder on your device.
- Now double click or tap on the “dell” folder.
- Search for “My Dell” and double-click on it to open.
- Now search for “Drivers & Updates” feature and left click or tap on it.
- From there you will need to download and install all available updates for your machine.
Note: Be sure to download and install the Network drivers because this is the main reason why you get the STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE on your Bluetooth.
- Go to the directory where you downloaded the Windows 10 Technical Preview ISO file.
- Open the Folder and search for the “Setup.exe” file.
- Right click on the “Setup.exe” file from the Windows 10 folder and left click or tap on “Run as Administrator”.
Note: This will not work if you do not run it as administrator.
- Now follow the instructions on the screen to finish the installation of your Windows 10.
- After the Windows 10 Technical Preview has installed press and hold the “Windows” button and the “R” button.
- You should have the “Run” window in front of you.
- Write in the run dialog box the following: “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes.
- Press the “Enter” button on the keyboard.
- Now you have the “Device Manager” window in front of you.
- On the left side in the Device Manager you will need to search to see if you have all the drivers installed properly.
Note: If you have an exclamation mark beside them then that driver is not installed properly and you need to proceed with the steps below.
- Search in the directory where you installed the Operating system and to be more exact the Deployment Driver files.
- In the folder above look for the “package.xml” file.
- Now open it in a Notepad folder or any kind of text editor.
- In the “package.xml” file you will have to search for ‘majorVersion=”6”’ entries and replace the “6” number with “7”.
- Search for every entry with the name ‘minorVersion=”2”’ and delete it.
- Now save the “package” file in the same directory as the other one was.
- From the same directory that you are in search for “Setup.exe”
- Right click on it and left click or tap on the “Run as Administrator” feature.
- After the process has finished reboot your device.
- Now open the “Drivers” folder in Windows.
- From the “Drivers” folder double click to open the “production” folder.
- From the “production” folder double click to open the “Windows8.1×86”
- From “Windows8.1×86” folder double click to open the “BlueTooth–Driver” folder.
- Search for the “qcbtuart.inf” file.
- Right click on it and left click or tap on Install.
- After the driver has installed reboot your device.
- When the Windows operating system starts you will probably see on the task-bar the installation of the Bluetooth drivers.
- Press and hold the “Windows” button and the “R” button again.
- In the run dialog box write the following: “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes.
- Press the “Enter” button on the keyboard.
- Now in Device Manager look on the left side if you still have the Bluetooth driver with an exclamation mark just to make sure it has installed correctly.
Status_device_power_failure error: specific fix
This error may be fixed by using other solutions. Before trying a complicated procedure, we would suggest you to check the solutions from our ‘status_device_power_failure’ fix article:
– Check for Windows 10 system updates. They might fix this error;
– Remove a recent update as it can be the cause;
– Update all drivers
That’s all you need to do and fix your Bluetooth driver on your Dell Venue 8 Pro using the Windows 10 Technical Preview system. You can write us below in the comments section of the page if anything is unclear or if you need more help regarding this issue and I will help you as soon as possible.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in March 2015 and has been since revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
Printers turning hostile when you need them the most is indeed frustrating. And one common error that often gets associated with them is port in […]
A blueprint is a proposal that shows the clients how the proposed floor or design plan will look like, followed by a 3D model of […]
The Christmas season is around the corner and one of the best parts about this season is the gift it brings. If you are planning […]