Devices and drivers are crucial parts of your PC and your operating system. So, they need to run smoothly. But this is not always the case.
Many users encountered the “Device requires further installation” error message in Windows 10.
One user described the following issue in the Microsoft official forum:
Many of my devices (PCI, USB etc.) have a note in the event log stating that they “require further installation“. Has anyone any idea what “further installation” is required and how can this be accomplished ?. What does this note mean? Like many other posters here I have the latest manufactures drivers, I have the latest W-10 updates, I have run the troubleshooter (useless). Some of the devices seem to work OK, some seem to partially work.
So, the user doesn’t know what further installation is necessary. Also, the computer has the latest Windows 10 updates and the latest drivers.
However, things are not as complicated as they seem and today we will show you how to fix the problem.
What to do if a device requires further installation in Windows 10?
1. Check the last Timestamp
- Press the Windows Key + R, type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
- In Device Manager, select your device and Properties.
- Check the last Timestamp.
2. Reinstall the driver
If updating your driver doesn’t work, you might want to try reinstalling the driver completely to fix “Device requires further installation” error message.
So, go again to the Device Manager.
- Right-click on the driver and select Uninstall.
- Restart your computer and Windows should reinstall the driver automatically if you have an internet connection.
- Go to the Event tab to check if the message “Device requires further installation” disappeared.
Alternatively, you can try a third-party tool to uninstall your drivers. In this manner, you make sure everything gets deleted so no issues will reappear after the installation.
Sometimes, devices don’t install correctly. Luckily, this is not a major issue.
As you can see, the “Device requires further installation” error message can be solved easily. Uninstall and reinstall the driver.
Still, before that, make sure there’s indeed a problem by checking out the last timestamp.
Did our solutions work for you? How did you solve “Device requires further installation” error message in Windows 10? Do let us know in the comments section below!
RELATED ARTICLES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- How to update drivers in Windows 10: Use these 4 methods
- 6 best driver updating software for Windows 10
- How to disable driver signature enforcement on Windows 10