- As a new player, Diablo 3 can be a daunting title, but with the help of these skill calculators, you will manage to find your way through the trials that the world presents.
- Thanks to the love and dedication of fans, Diablo 3 has a vast collection of third-party resources that new players can use to better understand their characters.
- If you are just joining the Eternal Conflict, then our Diablo 3 Page will be an invaluable resource for guides and game fixes.
- Diablo and many more games, fixes and launchers are covered on the Gaming Section so be sure to return frequently as we always add new interesting articles.
Whilst seasoned Diablo players have a clear plan of their character progression, you might find yourself disheartened by the prospect. This is where a Diablo 3 skill calculator can help.
While eagerly awaiting the release of Diablo 4, new players wanting to take part in the adventures of Sanctuary look towards Diablo 3 to immerse themselves in the rich lore and fast-paced gameplay that Blizzard has created.
Before the release of Diablo 3, Blizzard put out a Diablo 3 skill calculator on the official website, but in the years since, several such build planners have cropped up, offering more information and a comprehensive database of items.
How can I use the Diablo 3 skills calculator?
1. Official Diablo 3 calculator
- Go to the Diablo 3 Game Guides page (EU Link | US Link)
- Select Skill Calculator from the Tools section
- Select your desired class
- Browse through the skills
- Save your build
Note: if you do not log in to your account, you can still save build but they will be kept as cookies and if you clear your browser’s cookies, you will lose the saved builds.
You can save up to 15 builds on this Diablo 3 skill calculator, and because it is linked to your battle.net account, you will be able to come back and revisit them.
Additionally, any in-game characters you’ve created will be available to view on your profile page.
This tool was created prior to the release of Diablo 3, but it has been updated to skill changes and new class introductions.
Whilst it does not calculate player stats or take items into account, it is a good resource for new players to familiarise themselves with Diablo 3 classes and their abilities.
- Go to the Diablo 3 Planner
- Select the Class you play as
- Click on each item and select the desired item from the dropdown list
- Add your Skills and Paragon points
- Check the stats on the right-hand side
D3Planner also allows players to import their in-game characters and go into the finest details of their builds by simulating what effect changing stats, items or sockets would have on their DPS.
This Diablo 3 skill calculator is one of the best tools you can use to build and test your character.
This is especially important when you find a much-needed item and you want to see what effect changing its stats would have.
As you know, once you have committed to changing a stat, this cannot be undone and by using a tool such as this, you can see the different effects without committing to the change.
3. Diablo 3 Misc Calculators
As you will progress through your Diablo 3 journey and your knowledge of the intricacies of your character, you will start to look at minute details to give you that extra edge when pushing the greater rifts.
There are many Diablo 3 calculators which can help you on this journey. Here are a few that we recommend to new players:
- Paragon Calculator
- XP time calculator
- Legendary Gem upgrade success rate
- Vitality vs % Life
- Critical Hit Chance vs Damage
We highly recommend the D3 Resource repository where you can find information on all aspects of the game. This fan-made website can be an invaluable resource when starting out in the world of Diablo.
As a new player, Diablo 3 could be a daunting title, but with the help of these skill calculators and other tools, you will manage to find your way through the trials that the world presents.
FAQ: Diablo 3 skills
- How do you change skills in Diablo 3?
You can press the S key on your keyboard and this will open the Skills Menu. From here, select which skill you want to change. But you should always pick skills that synergize with each other. to test out the effects of the skills, use a Skill Calculator designed for Diablo 3.
- What are primary skills Diablo 3?
Primary skills in Diablo 3 are generator skills or signature spells (for classes that do not have generators) which are used in conjunction with secondary skills and they would be typically mapped to the mouse buttons (LMB and RMB). However, this is not always the case, as you can map any skill to any slot. Be sure to check the effects of skills on a reliable skill calculator so you know what to expect.
- What is physical skill damage Diablo 3?
Physical damage in Diablo is the default type of damage done by melee attacks. Other types of damage include fire, arcane, lightning etc. which can be added by modifiers such as the skill rune.