- If you're getting the DirectTV error code 775, then you won't be able to watch TV normally.
- To resolve this problem, start by checking your DirectTV receiver for connection issues, and then follow the next suggested methods.
- To always be prepared when encountering streaming issues, don't hesitate to bookmark our detailed Streaming Hub to ensure fast access.
- For some more detailed guides, check out our DirecTV Errors webpage.
The DirectTV error code 775 occurs if your receiver is having trouble communicating with the satellite dish. The error leaves the screen pixelated or frozen.
The error can occur due to many reasons, including a loose connection between your receiver or TV, issues with the SWiM power inserter, and even heavy rain and storm.
If you are also troubled by this error, here are a couple of troubleshooting tips to help you resolve the DirectTV error code 775.
How do I fix the DirectTV error code 775?
- Take out the DirectTV receiver. It is usually placed on the TV unit.
- Check the back of the receiver for any connection such as the Satellite-In that might be loose.
- Make sure all the cables on the back of your DirectTV receiver is firmly connected.
- Try unplugging all the cables and then reconnect them to be on the safe side.
A loose connection is one of the common reasons for the DirectTV error code 775. Make sure you check the receiver for any connection issues and correct them to fix the error.
2. Check your SWM power inserter
- Locate the SWM power inserter plugged into the power outlet and unplug it.
- Leave the power inserter idle for a few minutes.
- Plug back the power inserter back to the power outlet.
- Make sure everything is connected correctly.
- Disconnecting and reconnecting the SWM power inserter will reset the device.
- Power on your DirectTV receiver and the TV to see if that resolves the error.
DirectTV users SWM power inserter to make sure there is enough power for all the devices connected to the dish.
Earlier, the receiver itself was powering the dish. So, making sure the SWM power inserter is functioning properly is a key to resolve any issues with your DirectTV.
3. Other solutions to try
- Wait out the storm
- The error can also occur due to natural occurrences like heavy rain and a solar storm that may create interferences.
- If the error is occurring during these times, you may have to wait for the DirectTV services to be back online.
- Disconnect and reconnect the lines
- If you are comfortable in getting your hands dirty, try unplugging and reconnecting the wired lines.
- Find the DirectTV box located outside the house, and unscrew every line ran into it, including the mainline.
- Reconnect the cord and check for any improvements.
- Contact the support
- If everything fails, the issue can be due to DirectTV hardware failure.
- You may contact the DirectTV help to resolve the issue.
- The tech help can visit your residence and take a look at the issue.
The Direct TV error code 775 is a common connection error and gets resolved automatically in a couple of hours. However, you can try the steps listed in this article to fix the issue if the error is not resolved automatically.
Frequently Asked Questions
To fix the DirecTV error 775, check your receiver for a loose connection. For more information on how to fix common DirecTV issues, check out this guide.
The DirecTV error code 775 indicates that your receiver is having trouble communicating with your satellite dish. Most of the time, this is a temporary error that resolves automatically. In terms of how it manifests, it is similar to DirecTV error 701.
To reset your SWM adapter, make sure the green light is lit on your SWM device, and if it is, reset it by unplugging it from the wall socket, waiting for 15 seconds, and then plugging it back in.