- If you're wondering why you can't watch DirecTV on the computer, the answer is probably due to plugin and cache issues.
- Easily solve the DirecTV player if it won't install on the device by clearing the browser data.
- Deleting the cookies will also quickly get rid of the DirecTV not working on your computer.
- One last thing you can do is to switch to another browser that is faster, better, and bug-free.
DirecTV is a great TV service that will offer thousands of channels and many other awesome features for you and your family.
The direct broadcast satellite service is number one in features and functionality in America, including RVU services compatible with smart TVs, recording, re-watching, and much more.
Enjoying your free time with your family has never been easier thanks to this service, which is compatible with most devices, offering movies, shows, sports, and cartoons for your children.
What’s even better is the fapt that the service is available for multiple platforms, not just TVs. This means that you can watch your favourite shows on PC, tablet, or laptop.
Several DirecTV users running the latest versions of Windows 10 complain that they can’t watch the shows in the service or the app stops working several times a day. Does any of these sound familiar to you?
If you’re also unable to watch DirecTV on your device, don’t imagine that it is not compatible with Windows 10. This post will offer you a few workable methods to change that, so we invite you to follow them in the given order.
What can I do if DirecTV is not working on Windows 10?
1. Restart your device
- Press the Windows Key and bring up the Start Menu.
- Click the Power button.
- Select Restart and let your PC finish the process.
- After the computer is back on, check to see if this has fixed the DirecTV issue.
If your DirecTV player won’t download, or won’t install, don’t think of the worst and try out a simple restart procedure first.
Your device will reboot next. In case of having any open programs, chances are you’ll be prompted to close them before the power gets interrupted.
2. Delete cookies on your Windows 10 device
- Open the menu in the top right corner. Click Settings.
- Go to Privacy and Security and select Cookies and other site data.
- Delete your cookies and try again.
- If that does not work, open the Settings.
- Scroll down to the Privacy & Security section and select Clear browsing data.
- Then hit Clear Data.
Don’t fool yourself into thinking that cookies are the same as your cache or browser history. While cache temporarily stores web documents, cookies store your information.
Even if the purpose is to create a personalized experience, there are also times when clearing browsing data is inevitable.
You may also delete browsing history and cookies from Control Panel.
- Go to Control Panel.
- Select Network and Internet.
- Then, click Delete browsing history and cookies and follow the given prompts.
3. Enable plug-ins to run on your browser
- In the address bar, on the right-hand side, you’ll see a small icon that looks like a shield popping up.
- Click on it right away and select Manage exceptions
Other users describe another working solution that you may consider as well. Most web browsers these days load Flash and other plug-in content the second you open a web page.
However, a little interference from your part is needed at times, so make sure to allow plug-ins to run on your browser too.
The steps above applt to the IE browser. In the case of using a newer version of Google Chrome, for example, you may find a similar setting called Let me choose when to run plugin content.
Restarting your router/modem and completely reinstalling DirecTV from the scratch are also options to consider.
Another tip that could work is changing your web browser. Many users confirm isolated issues with DirecTV on Chrome, while IE/Edge users seem to be less fortunate.
If you’re interested in finding the best browsing alternative, take a closer look at this useful list of the best browsers that you can get on the market.
We hope that by following these procedures you managed to fix the DirecTV issues Windows 10. Let us know in case of having any other suggestions for readers who are experiencing the same problem.