Several DirecTV users running the latest versions of Windows 10 complain that they can’t watch the shows in the service or the app stops working several times a day. Does any of these sound familiar to you?
If you’re also unable to watch DirecTV on your device, don’t imagine that it is not compatible with Windows 10. This post will offer you a few workable methods to change that, so we invite you to follow them in the given order.
What can I do if DirecTV is not working on Windows 10?
1. Restart your device
If DirecTV always worked fine up to now, don’t think of the worst and try out a simple restart procedure first. Immediately close the computer or tablet you use to watch DirecTV on by clicking the Power icon followed by Restart.
Your device will reboot next. In case of having any open programs, chances are you’ll be prompted to close them before the power gets interrupted. After the computer is back on, check to see if this has fixed the DirecTV issue.
2. Delete cookies on your Windows 10 device
- Open the menu in the top right corner. Click Settings.
- Delete your cookies and try again.
- If that does not work, try running in incognito mode.
- Scroll down and select Advanced.
- Scroll down to the Privacy & Security section.
- Click Clear Browsing Data next.
- A pop up will appear. Select the time range you want to clear. Check Cookies and other site data.
- Then hit Clear Data.
Note: The above steps apply to Google Chrome. They may slightly vary depending on your browser.
Don’t fool yourself into thinking that cookies are the same as your cache or browser history. While cache temporarily stores web documents, cookies store your information. Even if the purpose is to create a personalized experience, there are also times when clearing browsing data is inevitable.
You may also delete browsing history and cookies from Control Panel. Just enter Network and Internet > Delete browsing history and cookies and follow the given prompts.
3. Enable plug-ins to run on your browser
- In the address bar, at the right-hand side, you’ll see a small icon that looks like a shield popping up. Click on it right away.
- This is supposed to allow the flash player to update, so have patience.
- After that, press the Watch now button.
- The shield changes into a puzzle piece next. Click it to allow plug-ins to run.
Other users describe another working solution that you may consider as well. Most web browsers these days load Flash and other plug-in content the second you open a web page. However, a little interference from your part is needed at times, so make sure to allow plug-ins to run on your browser too.
Do consider that the above steps apply to the IE browser. In case of using a newer version of Google Chrome, for example, you may find a similar setting called Let me choose when to run plugin content.
Another tip that could work is changing your web browser. Many users confirm isolated issues with DirecTV on Chrome, while IE/Edge users seem to be less fortunate. Restarting your router/modem and completely reinstalling DirecTV from the scratch are also options to consider.
We hope that by following these procedures you managed to fix the DirecTV issues while trying to use it on Windows 10. Let us know in case of having any other suggestions for readers who are experiencing the same problem.