Many users are thrilled about FIFA 20. However, nothing is perfect, and this game is no exception.
Quite a few people encountered a major problem with DirectX 11 in FIFA 20. Usually, FIFA 20 starts in DirectX 12, but it makes the gameplay laggy.
Someone reported the following on the official EA forum.
Why the isnt a directx 11 option and how to turn fifa 20 into dx11
As you can see, this problem appeared in the PC version of FIFA 20.
Fortunately, we have a simple solution to solve this issue, and today we will show you what to do if you encounter DirectX 11 problems in FIFA 20.
No DirectX option in FIFA 20? Try this!
Twitch a FIFA 20 file
- Go to the FIFA 20 folder.
- Open fifasetup.ini
- Change DIRECTX_SELECT = 0 to DIRECTX_SELECT = 1.
- Save the change and launch the game to see if FIFA 20 works properly.
As you can see, the solution for fixing the DirectX 11 error in FIFA 20 is very simple. However, some users reported that changing DIRECTX_SELECT from 0 to 1 helped only a bit.
The gameplay is not perfectly smooth even in the ultra-quality mode at 60 FPS.
Did you encounter this issue in FIFA 20? Do let us know in the comments section below!
RELATED ARTICLES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- DirectX is not compatible with this version of Windows [FIX]
- Unable to install DirectX in Windows 10 [FULL GUIDE]