- Game crashes are exceptionally annoying, especially since it prevents you from playing at all.
- The same thing applies to FIFA 21 players that have been plagued by crashes over and over again.
- To find out more about this amazing game, go to our specialized FIFA 21 Hub.
- Like learning about games? You can find out a lot from our Gaming page!
It would seem that every time they launch the game, it simply crashes.
I have it on PC and every time i open the game i see the loading screen and then the game shuts down, can somenone give me any help? My PC is better that the recommended requirements for the game BTW.
EA support staff was quick to answer, and they gave a number of solutions that just might work.
These solutions, along with others, were included in this article that might help you bypass this issue if you are experiencing it as well.
If you haven’t bought the game yet, then there’s no time to waste! Get your hands on it as soon as possible and join the pros in the biggest football game ever!
- 700+ teams
- 30 official leagues
- Unparalleled graphics
- 17,000+ authentic players
- Have a career in professional football and grow
- Play as one of the best football teams of the 2021 season
- Playing online can be a pain with an older PC
How do I fix FIFA 21 if it crashes at launch?
1. Update your device drivers
There are plenty of ways you can update your Windows drivers:
- Use Windows Update
- Use the Device Manager
- Update the drivers from the manufacturer’s website
- Install dedicated driver downloading software
Additionally, you could try using a third-party driver updater or fixer to handle your problems, one like DriverFix.
It works faster and it is more reliant than manually updating your device drivers, and you also know that it will also get the right driver for your hardware, and the latest version as well.
More than that, DriverFix will also detect broken or missing drivers, downloading and installing those too within a matter of minutes.
DriverFixGame crashes are often caused by old or missing drivers, so fix these issues by taking care of your drivers at once!
2. Check if your PC meets FIFA 21’s minimum system requirements
Many players aren’t aware of FIFA 21’s minimum system requirements.
If you don’t know them either, head over to EA’s official website and check FIFA 21’s system requirements.
Check your own system requirements by performing a DxDiag.
Also, keep in mind that there was a mistake when posting the minimum system requirements for FIFA 21 on Steam, so make sure you visit the official Origin website to see the real system requirements.
3. Modify your FIFA 21’s files
- Go to the following folder:
- Open the FIFA setup file using a text editor such as Wordpad
- Find the line that says :
- DIRECTX_SELECT = 0
- Change that line to:
- Save it and then try launching FIFA 21 again.
Keep note that you are modifying your game files.
This may cause irreparable damage to your game‘s installation and you may need to download and install it all over again.
4. Launch FIFA 21 without having your controller plugged in
This step is pretty straightforward. Simply connect your controller to the PC after FIFA 21 has launched.
Also, make sure that you aren’t using any knock-off controllers, or any controller emulators since those too have caused problems with FIFA games in the past.
5. Set the game to the lowest possible settings, and run it again
If your PC‘s specs aren’t too far off from FIFA 21’s minimum requirements, you could try launching it with all the settings set to the lowest possible values.
While gameplay won’t be as enjoyable, you will at least see whether your old gaming PC is to blame or not.
6. Be patient and wait for a patch
EA is quick to solve many of the issues that appear at launch, even if it may take some time.
If none of the solutions mentioned above work, simply wait to see what future FIFA 21 patches will bring.
By following these steps, you should no longer be experiencing crashes when trying to load FIFA 21.
Let us know which of these steps you’ve followed by leaving us a message in the comments section below.