- The latest posts from all the blogs you follow on Tumblr show on your dashboard. Tumblr's Best Stuff First feature shows the most engaging content at the top.
- You can disable Best Stuff First on Android and iOS Tumblr apps but not on a desktop.
- Find any guide in our How-To section for more detailed, step-by-step guides.
- Learn how to fix issues in your apps and gadgets by yourself without our Fix articles.
The Tumblr dashboard lets you keep up with the blogs you follow and get all their updates in one place.
In a bid to improve your feed, Tumblr’s Best Stuff First feature determines the best content and pushes them to the top of your feed.
Although this is a useful feature, many users consider the Best Stuff First feature to be a miss. That’s mainly because the algorithm determines the best stuff by their note counts.
How do I disable Tumblr’s best stuff first?
- Launch the Tumblr app on your smartphone.
- Tap on the Account icon.
- Select a blog.
- Go to Settings by tapping the gear icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Select General settings.
- Tap Dashboard preferences.
- Toggle off the Best stuff first switch.
- You can also turn off In Your Orbit recommendations from this screen.
Note: The screenshots in this guide are from the Tumblr app for Android. The options and layouts are a little different on the iPhone versions, but the steps are the same on both.
You can only disable Tumblr’s Best Stuff First feature on Android and iOS devices. There’s no option to disable it from the desktop version.
Best Stuff First gets disabled only on the specific device. So, if you use Tumblr from different devices, you must deactivate Best Stuff First on each of these phones.
We hope this guide has proven useful in your situation. To share your experience with us, feel free to use the comment section found below this guide.