There are many cases in which it is necessary to hide sensitive data, such as personal information. For example, a company shouldn’t be able to export the entire employee table, which has contact info, birthdates, and home address.
This is why many users want to know if they can disable export data in Power BI. Yes, that option is available. In this article, we will show you how you can do that.
One user said the following on the official forum:
Is there a way to disable “Export Data” just to a particular report.
I saw many posts in which we can disable int he admin portal. But would that apply to all the reports in the workspace?
1. I would just need this feature for a particular report
2. I dont see any options in Admin portal except Capacity Settings
Steps to disable export data in Power BI
1. Disable export data for individual reports
- Click on the Settings button of the report
- Choose Export Data to None
2. Disable export data for all reports
- In the Admin portal, go to Tenant Settings.
- Select Export Data.
- Disable the feature and click on Apply.
- Alternatively, you can Enable export.
- Apply to The entire organization.
- Select Except specific security groups checkbox.
- Enter security groups for which you want to keep the function disabled.
- Click on Apply.
- Also, you can Enable export for a specific group.
- Select Specific security groups.
- Select Except security groups checkbox.
- Write the groups you want to export data to.
- Click on Apply.
It is worth mentioning that it will take up to 10 minutes for a setting change to take effect for everyone.
So, that’s about it. Exporting data is crucial for a dynamic workflow, but sometimes it is necessary to block certain information.
Fortunately, Power BI has this option and as you can see, there are a few easy steps to disable the export of data.
Did you find our methods useful? How do you disable export data in Power BI? Let us know in the comments section below.
RELATED ARTICLES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- How to refresh data in Power BI [STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE]
- How to change data source in Power BI [EASY STEPS]
- How to add filters in Power BI [EASY STEPS]