When it comes to organizing and visualizing various sets of data, Power BI is definitely up to the challenge. Still, that doesn’t mean the program is problem-free for some people.
Quite a few users reported issues with adding filters in Power BI:
I am trying to enable filter pane for my existing Power BI report. I followed the which are mentioned in the link. But I did not see any Filter Pane on the report page after enabling the filter pane option. But I see on New Power BI file.
So, the tutorial from Microsoft didn’t help, because the OP didn’t see any Filter Pane in the Power BI. If you’re in the same situation, here are some additional solutions that you can use.
Steps to add filters in Power BI
1. Turn on new filters for all new reports
- In Power BI Desktop, click on File.
- Select Options and Settings, and then Options.
- Select Preview Features, and then select the New filter experience checkbox.
- Restart Power BI Desktop.
- After you restart Power BI Desktop, the filters should be enabled by default for all new reports.
2. Turn on new filters for an existing report
- In Power BI Desktop in an existing report, select File.
- Select Options and Settings, then Options.
- Select Report Settings under the Current File category.
- Check Enable the updated filter pane, and show filters in the visual header for this report from under Filtering experience.
As you can see, you only need to change certain options to make your filtering work, because the filter pane is not present in Power BI by default.
If for some reason you don’t want filters, just click again on Enable the updated filter pane, and show filters in the visual header for this report to disable the filter pane.
Did you find these methods useful? How do you use filters in Power BI? Do let us know in the comments section below!
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- 5 free cloud accounting software to keep your books updated on the fly
- 5 data anonymization software to use today
- 6 best personal cloud storage solutions for your files and folders