Did you ever tried doing a project for work or play your favorite game on your Windows 8 operating system and you accidentally activated a keyboard shortcut? Well this can happen to anyone but we will show you in a short tutorial what we can do to disable the keyboard shortcuts on Windows 8 and let you finish your use of the Windows 8 operating system with no trouble from them.
Using the keyboard shortcuts can be a very useful thing while operating in your Windows 8 device because you can get where you want much quicker or activate a feature of your liking faster than having to do it manually with your mouse cursor. Nevertheless a few Windows 8 users had some issues regarding the activation of the keyboard shortcut and I have decided to show you below in a 5 minute tutorial how you can disable the keyboard shortcuts on Windows 8.
Tutorial for disabling the keyboard shortcuts in Windows 8
This method will show you how you can disable the “Windows” combinations keyboard shortcuts in your system.
You will need to download the app to disable keyboard shortcuts by left clicking the link below
- After you accessed the link above you will be prompt with a message. You will need to left click on “Save File” and download the app to your Windows 8 desktop.
- Double left click on the icon you have on your desktop with the extension “.reg” in order to open it.
- You will be prompt again with a message and you will have to left click or tap on the “Run” button.
- Left click on “Yes” if a window pops up that’s telling you to grant access for installation.
- After the installation is finished you will have to delete the downloaded “.reg” file you had on your desktop.
- Reboot the Windows 8 operating system device to apply the changes.
- After the Windows 8 device is back up and running you will see that your keyboard shortcuts have been disabled.
- Press and hold the buttons “Windows” and “R” to open the run box.
- Type in the run box “Gpedit.msc”.
- Hit “Enter” on the keyboard.
- You will get a message from User Account Controls and you will have to left click on “Yes”.
- You will have to left click in the left panel on “User Configuration”.
- Under the “User Configuration” file left click on “Administrative templates”.
- Under “Administrative templates” left click on “Windows Components”.
- Under “Windows Components “ left click on “File Explorer”.
- Now after you got to “File Explorer” you should have in the right panel a feature that says “Turn Off Windows + X hotkeys”.
- Double left click or tap the “Turn off Windows + X hotkeys”.
- A window should pop up after you selected the option above and you will have to left click on the “Enable” feature you are presented there.
- Left click on the “Apply” button you have in the lower side of that window.
- Left click on the “OK” button you have in the lower side of the window.
- You will have to close the Group policy editor window and reboot the Windows 8 device.
- After the reboot check if you have the same keyboard shortcuts disabled.
Note: You can do the tutorial above to get them back up and running but you will have to choose instead of the “Enable” feature the “Not Configured”.
So very simple and very quick, you can use either of the methods posted above to disable your keyboard shortcuts on Windows 8. If you need more information on the subject don’t hesitate to write us below.