- Discord is a great software, but many reported that Discord overlay is flickering on their PC.
- To fix the issue, ensure that other applications aren't interfering with Discord.
- Discord settings can also cause this problem, so adjust them accordingly to fix it.
- To fix Discord overlay flickering in OSU, make sure that both Discord and the game are using the same GPU.
Discord is one of the most popular platforms for chatting, but many users reported that Discord overlay flickering issues.
In this article we’re presenting you with an easy troubleshooting guide on how you can fix this problem by yourself, so let’s get started.
How do I fix Discord overlay flickering?
1. Change Paint.NET settings
- Access Paint.net 4.0 go to the Settings icon in the upper right corner.
- Turn off Hardware accelerated rendering (GPU).
- Restart Discord.
The problem that causes Discord to display overlay flickering may be determined by the fact that the app injects itself into the Direct2D graphics stack, that is also used by the Paint.NET.
However, after changing this setting, the Discord overlay flickering should be gone.
2. Enable GPU on Discord
- Change the settings of Discord and the game to Run as Administrator or to Not Run as Administrator.
- Go to Discord User Settings in the bottom left of the app.
- Select the Appearance tab under App Settings.
- Under the Advance tab turn on the Hardware Acceleration.
- Restart Discord.
After changing this setting, check if Discord overlay flickering is gone in OSU. If not, proceed to the next solution.
3. Assign Discord and OSU to the same GPU
- From the Windows bar access the Settings menu.
- Scroll down on the left side of the menu and click Graphic Settings.
- For a an app with a exe.file extension select Classic app, then click Browse.
- From the Graphic Setting menu pick the app and select Options.
- Select a GPU: System default, Power Saving or High performance
- Click Save and Restart the app
Repeat the steps for the OSU game to fix the Discord overlay flickering in OSU.
If the flickering appears when you’re using the Screenshare feature from Discord, you need to make sure that the Discord app and the OSU game you are playing are using the same GPU.
This applies in the case when your PC or laptop has two graphic cards.
As you can see it’s not that difficult to solve the problem regarding the Discord overlay flickering when you play OSU, if you follow carefully the steps that we’ve just presented you with in our article.
We hope that our guide helped resume your fun in no time. That’s why we’d like to hear more about your experience so please feel free to use the comment section below.