Many users don’t know this, but you can’t display Office document in a browser natively. Almost all browsers require a plug-in or an additional service in order to do so.
Even though Office files aren’t natively supported, you can still open them in your browser, and today we’ll show you the best way to do that.
How can I open Office document in a browser?
1. Use online version of Office
- Go to the Office website.
- Select Sign in.
- Enter your Microsoft credentials.
- Now drag and drop your file in order to upload it to the OneDrive.
- Once the file is uploaded, you can open it without any problems.
Alternatively, you can use Google Docs, but your files will be converted, so you might lose certain styles or formatting during the conversion process.
For the best browsing experience, we recommend using UR Browser. This browser is similar to Chrome, but it has many privacy-oriented features such as the built-in malware scanner, tracking protection, and even a VPN.
Overall, if you’re having issues with your browser, or you just want the best browsing experience, be sure to try UR Browser.
2. Use browser extensions
There are two extensions available on Chrome that will help you open Office documents in your browser.
The first one comes from Microsoft and it’s called Office.
The extension is available for Chrome and it will allow you to access and view files easily in Office Online.
The second extension is called Office Editing for Docs, Sheets & Slides, and it comes from Google.
The extension will allow you to open and edit Office files in your browser with just a few clicks.
There you go, two simple methods you can use to display Office document in your browser. If you found our guide useful, let us know using the comments section below.
- Incompatible Office products are installed on your machine [FIX]
- How to Completely Remove Microsoft Office in Windows 10
- How to run Microsoft Office Picture Manager on Windows 10 [QUICK GUIDE]