- DJVU is a virus file extension for a malicious program that encrypts essential files on a computer.
- After the file extension changed by virus spyware, this virus will demand money from you.
- The DJVU virus extensions can be eliminated if you use manual removal methods.
- To prevent the moment of the file extension changed by the virus, you can use dedicated software.
This tutorial is a comprehensive how-to guide, which is designed to facilitate the safe removal of the notorious .djvu file extension virus from an infected PC.
So, if your system is infected with this virus, this tutorial will help you remove this file once and for all.
What is the .djvu file extension virus?
DJVU file extension (.djvu) virus is a recent class of ransomware, which attacks your PC and encrypts essential files on your system.
The virus changes the extension of all essential files (DOC, TXT, PDF, XLS, JPG, PPT, MP4, MP3 etc.) into the encrypted .djvu file extension.
In most cases, such an attack is accompanied by a ransom demand, which seeks to blackmail you into paying a certain amount of money to gain back access to your files.
This virus typically enters your system via spam emails, email attachments, insecure downloads, malicious ad campaigns, and phony installers.
Essentially, the virus could infect your system via an insecure connection to a foreign or third-party system, site or device.
Upon successful infection, a ransom message pops up on your computer’s screen, demanding a certain fee (usually in bitcoin) to get your files decrypted.
Unfortunately, many computer users fall victim to this and pay the requested ransom.
Hence, to securely protect your computer against this virus, the ultimate solution would be to remove all .djvu file extensions (and the accompanying virus) from your computer.
According to recent findings by security experts and system analysts, there are several variations of this ransomware. These include: .djvu (standard), .djvuq, .djvur, .udjvu, .djvuu and .djvut among others.
However, there are now standard techniques and solutions that can easily be employed to remove these file extensions (and accompanying ransomware) from host PCs.
How can I remove the .djvu file extension virus?
1. Manual Removal of .djvu virus
1.1 Simple uninstall of djvu
- On your PC’s desktop window, click on the Start.
- Select All Apps.
- Locate djvu file extension (and other related programs).
- Right-click on it, and select Uninstall.
Note: This procedure is exclusive to Windows 10. Windows 8 and older versions have their own respective procedures.
1.2 Remove djvu using Task Manager
- Open Task Manager, by simultaneously pressing the Ctrl + Shift + ESC keys.
- On the displayed window, locate Processes and click on it.
- Locate the .djvu virus processes.
- Select End Process.
1.3 Remove the .djvu virus via the Registry Editor
- Open the Run dialog box by using the Windows key + R shortcut.
- Input the following command in the dialog box:
- Select OK.
- Locate the .djvu files (and related entries). To speed up the process, press Ctrl + F, and input the file name in the search box.
- Remove the files.
1.4 Remove the .djvu virus via Msconfig in Safe Mode
- Reboot your system.
- On the boot window, press F8 (repeatedly) until you open the Advanced Boot Options.
- Locate Safe Mode and press Enter.
- After your system has booted up, open the Run window.
- Type in the following command in the designated box:
- Click Enter.
- Navigate to the Startup tab.
- Locate all suspicious services and disable them.
- Restart your system.
1.5 Remove .djvu virus via Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- Open Advanced Boot Options as we showed you in the previous section.
- Select Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Once your system has booted up, log in as an administrator.
- Type in the following command:
- Press the Enter button.
- Follow the commands (on-screen) to complete the process.
Manual removal of .djvu file extension virus is usually insufficient, and most times, unsafe. In fact, in some cases, it is blatantly ineffective, depending on the magnitude of infection.
Hence, to ensure optimum efficiency using a durable anti-malware program is recommended.
2. Automatic Removal of .djvu virus
Automatic removal of .djvu virus requires using third-party anti-malware/anti-ransomware programs to scan for viruses and safely remove them.
However, even better than such a program is a performant package with cybersecurity solutions for your computer. This is the best software that protects your Windows, Android, Linux and Mac devices using powerful antivirus technology.
This third-party software uses powerful antivirus technology that will eliminate viruses, trojans, worms, spyware and all types of malware from your computer.
Your operating system will now benefit from multilayered protection.
As a software package, this intelligent tool will also keep your private information safe from hackers and unauthorized third parties.
It also contains advanced features for those situations when you lose your computer or it gets stolen.
ESET Smart Security
ESET Smart Security is a Premium software that eliminates the .djvu virus and all other types of viruses and malware.
By employing either of the above-listed tools, you can safely remove all .djvu virus from your PC, and fully restore all affected files.
We have listed a couple of solutions that can help you with .djvu file extensions, so feel free to try them all.