What is .djvu file extension virus and how to remove it?
This tutorial is a comprehensive how-to guide, which is designed to facilitate the safe removal of the notorious .djvu file extension virus from an infected PC. So, if your system is infected with this virus, this tutorial will help you remove this file once and for all.
What is .djvu File Extension Virus?
DJVU file extension (.djvu) virus is a recent class of ransomware, which attacks your PC and encrypts essential files on your system. The virus changes the extension of all essential files (DOC, TXT, PDF, XLS, JPG, PPT, MP4, MP3 etc.) into the encrypted .djvu file extension. In most cases, such attack is accompanied by a ransom demand, which seeks to blackmail you into paying a certain amount of money to gain back access to your files.
This virus typically enters your system via spam emails, email attachments, insecure downloads, malicious ad campaigns, and phony installers. Essentially, the virus could infect your system via insecure connection to a foreign or third-party system, site or device.
Upon successful infection, a ransom message pops up on your computer’s screen, demanding a certain fee (usually in bitcoin) to get your files decrypted. Unfortunately, many computer users fall victim of this and pay the requested ransom. Hence, to securely protect your computer against this virus, the ultimate solution would be to remove all .djvu file extensions (and accompanying virus) from your computer.
According to recent findings by security experts and system analysts, there are several variations of this ransomware. These include: .djvu (standard), .djvuq, .djvur, .udjvu, .djvuu and .djvut among others. However, there are now standard techniques and solutions that can easily be employed to remove these file extensions (and accompanying ransomware) from host PCs.
How can I remove .djvu file extension virus?
1. Manual Removal of .djvu virus
This process can be employed to remove .djvu file virus and other suspicious processes. To manually remove .djvu virus, you can try the different sets of guidelines outlined below:
- On your PC’s desktop window, click on the Start.
- Select All Apps.
- Locate djvu file extension (and other related programs).
- Right-click on it, and select Uninstall.
Note: This procedure is exclusive to Windows 10. Windows 8 and older versions have their own respective procedures.
You can also remove it using Task Manager:
- Open Task Manager, by simultaneously pressing the Crtl + Shift + ESC.
- On the displayed window, locate Processes and click on it.
- Locate .djvu virus processes.
- Select End Process.
Remove .djvu Virus via Registry Editor
- Open Run dialog box by using Windows key + R shortcut.
- Input regedit in the dialog box.
- Select OK.
- Locate .djvu files (and related entries). To speed up the process, press Ctrl + F, and input the file name in the search box.
- Remove the files.
Remove .djvu Virus via Msconfig in Safe Mode
- Reboot your system.
- On the boot window, press F8 (repeatedly). This will open the Advanced Boot Options.
- Locate Safe Mode and press Enter.
- After your system has booted up, open the Run window.
- Type in msconfig in the designated box and click Enter.
- Navigate to the Startup tab.
- Locate all suspicious services and disable them.
- Restart your system.
Remove .djvu Virus via Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- Open Advanced Boot Options as we showed you in the previous section.
- Select Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Once your system has booted up, login as an administrator.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press the Enter button.
- Follow the commands (on-screen) to complete the process.
Manual removal of .djvu file extension virus is usually insufficient, and most times, unsafe. In fact, in some cases, it is blatantly ineffective, depending on the magnitude of infection. Hence, to ensure optimum efficiency using a durable anti-malware program is recommended.
2. Automatic Removal of .djvu Virus (Recommended)
Standard anti-malware programs can carry out in-depth scan and eliminate all malicious content on your system. More significantly, these programs are suitably designed to safely remove viruses. Furthermore, anti-malware tools facilitate the restoration and subsequent decryption of .djvu encrypted files, without compromising the integrity of the affected files.
There are numerous anti-malware programs out there. However, you can remove this threat with SpyHunter.
Note: Ensure you back up essential files before running any of these tools.
- Download SpyHunter trial version
By employing either of the above-listed tool, you can safely remove all .djvu virus from your PC, and fully restore all affected files.
We have listed a couple of solutions that can help you with .djvu file extensions, so feel free to try them all.
- How to block Anatova ransomware on Windows 10 PCs
- 5 best antivirus software for preventing Petya/GoldenEye ransomware
- Protect your files from ransomware with Paragon Backup Recovery 16 Free
If you have set up a new wireless router or Internet connection, the possibility is that you may end up with the Windows was unable […]
Minecraft is a popular sandbox video game, but many users reported Fatal error in Minecraft. The Minecraft Fatal error can occur due to several reasons, […]
Intel recently rolled out new graphics driver updates for the 64-bit version of Windows 10 v1903. The company released these updates in order to avoid […]